What is the plan?

"Rishi,Rishi..", someone calls. I get up from the bed and look at the clock. It's 9 in the evening. I try to walk to the door but my every step feels painful. I manage to go outside and open the door. "Rishi, tor phone aseche..(You have got a call)", the guy, Pintu standing in front of me says. He has short hair, dark skinned and has a thin moustache. He has a thick rimmed glasses over his eyes and wears a plain half shirt, trousers and a pair of slippers. I look back once and go out of the house with him to the near by shop. There is a landline phone there. I pick it up and hear,"Rishi. Hum Singhiji bol rahein hain. I got something for you. Hishab ka khata. It clearly shows the enteries that you have made. Bank ka passbook bhi mere pass hai. You can prove yourself innocent. You come quickly at the park behind my house." I hang up the phone and Pintu asks me who had called. I tell him everything. He says,"Chal.. ami o jabo tor saathe.(I will also go with you)"

We both go to a deserted lane. I and him, Pintu stand outside the gate of the park. A van comes and stops in front if us. And before I could understand anything, the back door opens and I am pulled inside it. Before I am blindfolded, the last thing I can see is Pintu being hit with something and he falls down on the street.

I am being tied to something, I can feel a rope on my hands and legs. I don't know for how long I have been tied like this. A cloth is gaged in my mouth and a black cloth is covering my vision. I hear some movements and then someone removes my blindfold and take out the cloth covering my mouth. A sharp light hit my eyes and I take some time to adjust to it. I find myself in a dark big room, perhaps a godown of some kind. There is a light right above my head. I can see five men around me, all look like ruffians. Then two enter from the dark. I have seen them before. They are Khushi's brothers. One of them comes closer and says,"Shadi karega tu meri behen se? What is your standard? You beggar! We had given you options to leave but you didn't. Where did you land, first jail and now here.." I smile at him,"Sorry to dissapoint you but we both are already married. Khushi must have told you. You can't stop her from coming to me. We are legally married." He with hatred and anger slapped me hard. I taste blood in my mouth but I still smile,"You can slap me as much as you want but truth can never change. I will go to press people and police if you will keep her locked." He is about to hit me again when I hear another voice,"Stop Vijay."

An middle aged man comes out of the darkness and says,"Gussa har baat ka jawab nahi. Chokra kitne paise chahiye bol. I will give you enough money that you had never dreamed of. I will make sure the case is taken back. Leave this city with your family and go away. You have to forget my daughter or else you will rot in jail or die.." I reply,"I will never leave my wife. I don't need any money from you. I just want to live my life with Khushi. Please sir. I lov..." Before I could complete my sentence, another slap from Vijay,"Don't you dare take my sister's name." "Vijay stop.. Rishi think again. It is a good deal." I stay quite and Khushi's father comes closer and asks,"Where is that file?" I look at him and say,"That's why you have brought me here. I don't have anything. Let me go.." "For the last time I am asking you. Where is the file?",Khushi's father asks in a strict voice. I smile,"I don't have it. You can check my house. It's not there." He takes a deep breath,"So you don't want the deal I am offering..Fine.. let him go.." Vijay asks,"Babasa what are you saying? We can't let this ba*tard go like this. He needs to be punished for what he did. Let me kill him." Khushi's father goes around me saying,"Vijay... Hinsa samadhan nahi hai.. We need to..be calm..Ofcourse he will pay for playing with our honour. He will pay..." Suddenly I feel a blow on my head and I see darkness in front of my eyes..

I am lying now on a wet ground, perhaps on a stair near a pond. My hands are still tied behind my back. It's dark outside. Someone turns me and screams,"Sankar dada, He is waking up." A man with curly hair, full beard and a scar on the head grabs my hair to lift my head and smirks. He says,"Thakur bisorjon jabe..( we will immerse the idol)" His friends starts to laugh as I say,"What will you... get by doing this? Let me.. go...I have a family.." "50,000 rupees..I will get 50,000 rupees..Why will I get if I leave you.? Raja leke ja isko...", he says. And I am dragged into the water by few men and thrown into it. I try to come out of it but that man Sankar holds me head and pushes me inside the surface of water with all his might.. I am not able to breath..and I try to scream for help.