Mumbai calling

I have been worried for a few days now since Sid had called me in the middle of the night. He had called to ask me about what I had seen at the airport. It was so odd as he was the one to discard the moment as anything vital. And after months, he calls me up to ask about the same. What struck me more was the question he asked. He asked, how did he look in that dream or whatever you can it where I saw of him calling me Khushi at the airport. He changed the topic then but I know something is amiss. And from the next morning, he has been down with fever and chills. I wish I could just go and be with him.

And guess what, my wish is coming true. I am not a poet or a writer like Sid. But presently I remember a movie dialogue perfect for this situation,"Agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaho toh puri kayenat usse tumse milane ki koshis mein lag jaati hai." So the universe made plans for us to meet. Actual my university made the plans, for a project work at Mumbai. And in a week from today, I will see my baby. My heart is singing songs right now. Not those English songs Sid listens but all Bollywood ones. Zuban Hain fiki sharam se, hui na tose baat bhi.
Bina main tere be mazza, hua hoon dekho aaj bhi..
O..mahi ve..Mahi menu chadiyona, ke terebin dil nahi lagna. Jethe bhi tu chalna ye, Mahi me tere piche-piche chalna..
Yes shyaam se baat nahi hui hai unse.. I had not talked to him after returning from univ as I was busy talking to all my bff about my visit to Mumbai. Devika is excited too, as she is in Mumbai for her studies in fashion. I meet her after a long time and will be staying with her at her apartment.

I video call him at night and he picks up after a long ring. His face looks pale, as if he had seen a ghost. But he tries his best to keep that smile on his face. Oh! That smile of his! I ask him," What is the matter baby?"  He smiles again, "Nothing. I had fallen asleep." I ask," But your face looks like as if you have seen a ghost." He thinks about something and then says," Actually Sana..please don't be scared...I mean..will you get scared if I say something scary? Like real scary." I am really scared now, I say," Please stop your suspense and tell me right now." He looks at one corner of his room and whispers,"There is someone in my room. She is standing in the corner. But..no one can see her except me..she is talking in Bengali and asking me if I love her. Sana bhoot!" He jumps and I scream and then he starts to laugh.

Sid got better in the next two days. He was normally talking to me. Joking, singing and saying his poems just like the old times. He was excited to meet me, it showed on his face. He was really happy. But at the back of his mind, there was something that was keeping him disturbed. Neither he said anything nor he appeared worried but I could sense it. I had asked him many times but he said it's just my speculation.

I reach Mumbai in the early hours of the evening and call home to inform them that I have reached safely. I call Devika who says that she will be on the platform in ten minutes. My classmates and one professor leave as I wait for Devika while calling my baby. But his phone is ringing and he is not picking up. Suddenly a hand comes from behind closing my eyes and I get scared. The moment passes and I feel the touch, his touch. I say,"I really don't understand why you love to scare me like this. I hate you." He whispers in my ears,
"Nafrat ki koi jagah nahi,
Pyar jo itna hai Hum mein.
Tum meri ho, main tumhara,
Yeh jaan chuka hai mere rabne."
I turn to see him and get into his arms instantly. I ask him, "How did you come? You had your office na. Your dad left you?" He smiles and says," I said, I am not feeling well. Jay told me to go home. Dad could not say anything to him. Forget them. Oh I have missed you so much baby. I love you.."