Nightmares

I woke up to someone screaming again . Realizing it was me I pop my head back on the pillow I had the nightmare again. I lay awake ever night dreading falling asleep knowing that when sleep finally came I'd feel his touch again . Just the thought made my skin crawl . Sudden the door flew open and a guard rushed in.

"Are you ok " he gasped
I plastered a fake smile and spoke "yes , I'm quite alright just a bad dream nothing to worry about .

He bowed and left the room leaving alone with my nightmares . Looking around I sighed deeply might as well get up there was no way I'd sleep again to night . Sliding on my dress I decided I need to get air . Slowly I slid out the door knowing quite well if I was seen they would tell Francis and he would come running. The cold air hit my skin giving me the shivers . Greedily I sucked in the fresh air . Someone was behind me I could feel it in the way the hairs on the back of my neck stood up straight . Grabbing the dagger ,I spun around pointing it at my victim.

"Whoa " Louis Conde exclaimed holding his hands up .
"Sorry,but don't sneak up on me like that " I explained lowering my weapon
"I seen u standing out here ,just checking if you're alright " tilting his head look of concern in his eyes
I gave a weak smile "I'm trying to be strong but it's hard when u feel like the worlds out to get you"
He walked up to lifting his hand to my face .
"Don't " I panicked jumping back
Sadness filled his face " I'm so sorry I should have know better "
"Its ok" I said heading back through the door

The floor heaved as I raced back to my room . Slamming the door behind me feeling a moment relaxation .thats when I noticed standing in the corner of the room .

"Francis " I questioned
" I was worried the guards told me you woke up screaming again" he explained
Dame them I thought "I'm alright "
"Where have you been" he interrogated
Feeling irritated I glared at him " I went for a walk need air"
His face fell tugging at my heart
"I'm not your enemy here I just wanna help you " he pleaded
Relaxing slightly I took a deep breath "I know . I just need time Francis PLEASE just give me time "

With that he took his leave . Grabbing for the chair I need to sit down . I rested my head in my hands . "I need to get together " I thought I sat like that for a while rethinking about everything that has happened since me and Francis got married . We were so in love thinking nothing could hurt us . Boy were we ever wrong . All the lies the secrets they had torn us apart . Will we ever be able to get back what we had .