Francis

The noblemen kept chatting on about something or other . I never truly listen my mind was far away with my beautiful wife and queen .oh how I loved her just to hold her in my arms again would be a dream come true but alas it could not be. Nowadays she barely stayed in the same room as me more less let me touch her . My heart yearn to be near her to hold her to make all her pain go away why couldn't she just let me help her . It's my fault I know if I hadn't lied I won't be in this mess but god darn it I was going to do some to fix it .

"FRANCIS " a voice bellowed through my thoughts
"Yes sorry " I coughed sitting up straight .
It was about quarter passed noon when my meeting finally ended . I have to go find Mary I thought . Cold air twirling around my hood as a pulled open the doors . The sun was bright but the air had a ice cold chill to it . Snow crunched under foot as I slowly approached her .

"Hi" I spoke softly
Turning around she smiled "It's nice out isn't it "
"Yes, but a little to cold for my taste " I said sitting down beside her

Quickly her body tensed up but seeing I wasn't going to reach out for she relaxed . Sighing deeply I lifted my gaze up and looked around. It was quite beautiful . Stunning really . Icicles clung to to branches . The way the sun shone on the snow making it sparkle like a million little diamonds . But to me the most beautiful creature was sitting beside me.

"Can I hold your hand " I asked
"Ok" she whispered Looking down at my outstretched hand

Slowly she lifted her gloved hand into mine . I held back the tears that threatened to fall . It was a small thing but a step in the right direction . My stomach had butterflies while my heart sped out of control . How could such a small thing have such a great affect on me .

"Let's go back , it's getting cold " she said letting go of my hands . Before I could respond she got up and walked away . Leaving me alone with my thoughts and the tingling feeling on my hand. Slowly I rubbed the part of my hand where our bodies touched . How I wished she had not let go .

By the time I got back she was already gone . Quietly I headed back to my room . There was to be a ball tonight I most bath and get dressed . When I was all clean and dressed , I made my assent down the corridors to the party . I could hear the music before I even got to the ball room . Opening the door, a wave of perfume filling my senses . Scanning the room I found Mary standing with Conde . I'll have to keep a eye on him I though as I crossed the from towards them.