Chapter Nine: Raphael Flores

The house is close to being finished and I'm getting antsy. All the guys are obsessed with Kota and he is loving all the attention and tonight I've got Lexie looking after him while I head out to a fight.

It's not even for the money anymore, at this point it's more about the adrenaline and the excitement... okay, also the money but whatever. I finish packing my bag and text Grey in reply, we're meeting up tomorrow to show him the new house and a few other things.

I am a slut and I will own that.

I chuckle at myself as I step out of the clubhouse and head straight to the underground ring. My fight isn't for another hour but it's always fun to watch the other fights because they're normally very amusing, it's always good to learn their ways as well so that I can beat their ass later if they're ever brave enough to step up into my ring.

"You are Runner, right? The top spot on the board?" As soon as my ass touches my couch, a tall, dark-eyed business man walks in. He's got lifts in his shoes and his hair is almost white, his face is stern and he looks like a raging dickhead.

"What's it to you?"

"Well, I'm thinking that you and I could do each other a favour." I raise an eyebrow in question as his two bodyguards step up behind him, watching him as he picks through my stuff. "You need a manager, someone to run your fights and collect the bets and I need a competent fighter."

"Look, man, I am not here to make it big on the circuit. I'm just here to make some extra cash and get some adrenaline, I do not need any help. ¿Bueno?" (okay). His face contorts in anger, I guess he is one of those that expects everyone to say yes to him.

"You will realise that I am the best chance that you've got, you won't refuse me again." His growl is laced with threat but I just roll my eyes and stand up, getting as close as I can without his bodyguards attacking me.

"Listen, tonto, I am not someone you should threaten. Since it is your first time, I will let you off, see yourself out." (idiot) I turn my back on him and start wrapping my hands so that I can go out and practice, hoping that this douchebag will leave me alone.

"I'll see you soon, Runner." Cliché motherfucker, I roll my eyes again and listen for my door to slam behind him. It does, thankfully, and I turn back to the punching bag and slam my fists into it.

"Why are you so desperate to beat Breaker?" Mika asks me as he holds the bag, his soft eyes sparkling with amusement. I pull back and my fist ploughs into the bag, he squeals in surprise and scoots his feet to maintain his position.

"Everyone always said that I couldn't fight, I'm gonna prove to them that I can fight better than them and Breaker is the best of them all."

"Saviour is the best of them all." His smile is infectious so I step back from the bag and focus on him, stepping into his embrace as he opens his arms to accept me. It's almost four am and we've been hidden in the gym for hours, sparring, boxing and a few other things that shouldn't be repeated to anyone.

"She'll be the last person, Breaker is the one I'm targeting now." I whine and his hands grip my hips tighter as he kisses my neck, his tongue licking behind my ear, making me shiver. He just hums in reply as I grip his hair and bend his head back so that I can access his lips.

"Are you sure Breaker is the one you're targeting now or is it me?"

"I think I've already got you." I whisper, my lips brushing his as he chuckles softly. I kiss him heavily, pressing him against the wall as he grinds impatiently. "You frustrated, baby? Hmm?"

"Don't tease me." His words come out in breaths as he pants.

"Oh, mi amor, this is not teasing. You want me to make you feel better?" (my love)

My phone rings so loud that I snap out of my lust-filled daydream, my breathing is heavy and my dick is at full salute. Grey is calling me and I feel a flash of guilt for remembering an ex while trying to be with a new guy.

Mika is ingrained in me.

I taste him on my lips, feel him on my skin and smell his cologne on my sheets. He stays on my mind and fills my dirty dreams and yet I can't be with him. The thought enrages me, heats my body up to the point where I'm able to rip the bag with one solid punch.

"Runner, you're on." Davis calls from outside the door and I roll my wrists and shoulders before getting in the ring.

This guy is big, about Bear's size, and he remains on the defence as I circle him.

I slam a kick into his stomach and listen to the roar from the fans as he spits out blood. He reaches out to grab me and I roll under him and punch him in the jaw, most likely dislocating it as he groans loudly.

I catch the eye of the creepy business guy from earlier and sharpen my glare, only just avoiding the next hit my opponent dishes out.

He's slow, too big for his own good and so easy to predict.

I drive three quick hits into his side as he tries to get me in a handle. I break his wrist and throw him over my shoulder, he slams into the ground and the crowd goes into a frenzy.

He stays down so the fight is declared as mine and I swipe the cash from the plate.

I feel a sharp pain in my side, a burning pain and it catches in my chest. I look down and find a knife handle deep in my skin. I roll my eyes and climb onto my bike, shaking with exhaustion.

Saviour told me not to remove the blade because it helps stop the bleeding so I attempt to stay conscious for the entire ride.

It was probably that asshole that tried to recruit me, proving that he can get to me whenever, wherever and that I should feel threatened. This is laughable compared to what I've been through so I grit my teeth and bear it.

As soon as I pull up, people start asking questions, demanding to know who stabbed me. "Runner, look at me, I need you to sit down." Saviour coaxes me into a chair and someone brings her her bag.

I groan as she pulls the blade out, pressing a bandage to the wound immediately after. "It hasn't hit any organs, this was a threat." Saviour's face is grave and enraged, "If I wasn't pregnant..." She trails off and I grip her hand.

"I'm fine, Sav, I've had worse."