First "I Love You"

Mirabelle's Point Of View:

My whole body ached, even breathing hurt.

That's when everything starts to come back to me.

Mary kidnapping me, the room, being tortured for information, Dude, being rescued, everything.

I, very slowly, open my eyes, having to blink a few times to clear my vision.

The first thing I see is Carlos. He is fast asleep beside me on a chair with his head on my bed.

Smiling, I try to reach my hand out to remove a strand of hair from his eye, but end up hitting him in the face from the numbness of my limbs

He immediately jumps up and I rush to apologize.

However, before I could utter a word, Carlos lunges at me, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

Taken aback, I freeze momentarily before returning his affection.

"I'm so glad you're okay!"

He utters into my ear in relief. I relax completely into the hug with a smile.

"I was scared that I wouldn't see any of you again. I thought I'd never get to tell you."

I say, only then realising what I said, or nearly said.

Carlos pulls away to look at me.l

"Tell me what?"

He asks cutely, but confusingly.

I sigh, but decide to tell him. Life's too short.

"I love you, Carlos."

I say shyly. His face is straight for a few seconds before he breaks out into a smile.

He smashes his lips against mine and I respond immediately.

He doesn't speak until he pulls away for air.

"I love you too, Mirabelle."

He smiles and I sigh in relief and delight and happiness.

🖤    💜     💙     💚