Chapter 10

Author's Note : I noticed some chapters are too short and I decided to merge them because I started to realize I haven't started any important storylines . Merging them is to cut down the number of chapter which can be quite intimating if I wrote a story with 50 chapters. For old readers, I will label which chapter was this before I start for you all to read with less confusion with the same content.

Originally : Chapter 17

Pang POV

Shit ! I am so nervous !

I was trying to cover the student code with the most natural way but it still seemed so awkward. People walking by keep stealing glances on me. I was so afraid if someone found out and make fun of me.

A huge palm tapped on my shoulder. I almost jumped up.

'' Ai Nac! What happened with your shirt ? You are wearing couple uniform with someone.''
Ohm put his arm on my shoulder and put his head closer to my face.

'' Wh-a-at couple uniform? What are you talking about?''

''Stop lying to me. Don't you remember my eye sight is as good as a hawk? I saw that student code on your uniform belongs to Wave. What is going on between both of you? Did both of you ... last night ? ''

'' What the heck. No !! ''

Shit, Wave !! Don't you tell me no one will notice this small detail !! How this Ohm noticed it once he saw me? I cursed him for a thousand time in my heart.

''Let me explain first. We are just friends. I was drunk yesterday and went in the wrong room. ''

''Ohh.. So that's the only reason you are wearing his shirt.. Nothing else right? ''

'' You Ohm ! I said nothing between us!'' I smacked his head with my palm really hard, like ctushing a watermelon with my fist.

''Why are so mad ? It hurts...'' Ohm rubbed his head in pain.

Pang's diary

1 August 2020, Saturday

Dear Diary :
I have been in The Gifted for some times. Even though it is quite normal, I have been doing tons of tests. I feel like I am useless compared to other classmates. I can't catch up with them. I can't understand most of the things that the teacher said.

I am thinking about giving up and quit The Gifted but Mr. Pom asked me to treasure this opportunity as not everyone can get this chance to get into The Gifted. He asked me : ''Do you curious why you can get into The Gifted ? ''

- End-

One Day

'' Students, it's been a while you all have get into The Gifted. Anyone knows why you all are here, what make you all stand out from thousands of students? ''

At this moment, Wave pushed the door open from outside.

''Why Wave is late today ?''

What made me worried was he was panting like a dog and his uniform was so messy.

He rushed to the front of the classroom and reached his palm to the monitor screen.

Magically, many windows started to pop up automatically. Files from the computer were opened and stacked on each other. The lights began to flicker.  Everything seemed to be so creepy.

It seemed that we were at a shooting set for an horror movie. Sweats started crawling all over my body.It felt like a bag was covering on my skin. All weird thoughts keep coming in like waves and rocks. Slowly, my heart felt like it was going to explode.

I threw a glance at Wave unconciously. His face started to turn pale, almost going to be a piece of white paper. His lips turned bloodless as if a vampire had sucked out all his blood.

The lights flickered faster and faster just like it was going to go crazy in any second. Finally, Wave removed his hand from the computer screen. Everything was back to normal as things that happened a second ago was our hallucination.

He swallowed his saliva, licked his dried lips and said : '' Mr Pom, can you tell us honestly, is this the reason we can get into The Gifted? ''

Mr Pom smiled mysteriously and turned his back to us.

'' It seemed I can't hide the truth anymore.''

'' Yes, you all can get into the Gifted is because of your potential, your potential that can develop into a superpower. I believe everyone here had heard an announcement during the exam. It can help us to determine who are the ones that can listen to it and have the potential. The announcement can trigger your hidden potential.''

What the heck ?!

I have potential or I can say superpower ?!

But I can't feel any difference with other normal students ??

Looking to the direction of the computer, Wave was there, supporting his tired body with his hand on the wall. He looked devasted as if he went for a war.

After saying a bunch of things, Mr Pom left the classroom with us in puzzled. I walked towards him and whispered in his ears : '' Are you okay? ''

He curved his lips and answered me with no energy left : '' I'm fine, I just need some rest.'' I then helped him to sit down at his seat.

'' So anyone can explain this mess to me ? '' Ohm shouted.

Wave slowly stood up and said : '' Are you really stupid or what ? Basically, it means we have superpower. As..''

''Wow, so it means we can be superhero and save the world ? ''

'' Shh... Ohm. Let him speak ! '' Almost the whole class yelled at him.

''As you can see , my potential is controlling gadgets or electrical appliances by touching them. I don't know the real way to trigger your potential.''

'' When I hacked into the school system last night, there was a sudden pain on my head. My hand reached to the screen uncontrollably and many windows started to pop out like what happened just now. I just thought of closing them as quick as possible. Magically, everything was closed in a second and my hand was not on the mouse since the beginning.''

'' I don't know how much the school is trying to hide from us but I think you all should watch this.'' He turned his monitor to us while opened a video on the desktop.

Author's note: I wrote a long chapter finally. Hope you all enjoy it !!