5 Stages of Grief

{Stage 1: Denial}

"WELL I'M SORRY THAT I WAS HUNGRY!" growled Kokichi as Shuichi snatched the mochi out of his hand."That doesn't give you a right to steal. You could've asked Tojo-san to make you some food without going through the trouble with stealing something from the Hanamura Diner!" argued back Shuichi. Kokichi rolled his eyes, because he didn't know how to counter that statement and then said "Well I was tired!""If you were tired then you wouldn't be able to steal something. Stealing something takes up more energy than it takes to go to Kaede's shrine and requesting Kirumi to make you some food!" exclaimed Shuichi. Kokichi growled and then screamed in frustration "I AM SO DONE WITH YOU!" screamed Kokichi and stormed out of the shrine. While Shuichi just sighed and said "I'll have to repay the owners don't I?" Usually it was Shuichi's responsibility to clean up Kokichi's messes, but today he was just too tired to do it.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" cursed Kokichi as he walked down the long flight of stairs down the mountain. He turned the corner and then started to look around for something to do. Maybe he could hang out with his pack and vent out all of his frustrations and have the members sadly soak up all his anger and calm down the kitsune. Kokichi growled and then bumped into Rantaro on the way down."Oh, Ouma-kun what are you doing here?" asked Rantaro, helping the kitsune up. Kokichi crossed his arms and said "Me and Saihara-chan were having an argument and I stormed out the shrine." Rnataro sighed, this would usually start because Kokichi would do something stupid and Shuichi had enough of Kokichi's shit and snapped at him about it.

"Well why don't you apologize?" suggested Rantaro. Kokichi shook his head rapidly and said "I'm not saying shit to Shumai until HE apologizes to me." Rantaro chuckled a little bit before saying "Well I do suggest you guys make up soon, because the lantern festival is in 2 days and you'll need each other during the event. I heard some people coming from north are going down here to start some poaching.""And what are they hunting?" asked Kokichi."Kitsunes, more importantly kitsune's who already have a demon master and they're wanting to get a hold of their tails." said Rantaro."Wait, isn't it just plain out illegal to hunt kitsunes since we are kinda an endangered species from what mom said." said Kokichi."Thats.... What poaching means, illegal hunting." said Rantaro, chuckling  a little bit.

"Stop laughing, you're weirding me out." stated Kokichi and Rantaro apologized."So what are you doing here for?" asked Kokichi. Rantaro then got out his bag and said "Shuichi requested me to bring some artifacts for me and him to study and research. Before writing them down on scrolls to record them. And after that, we are going to keep them in the shr-""Oh so, you guys are doing nerd stuff." cut off Kokichi. Rantaro shrugged and said "Well, if that's what you want to call it then yeah.""I would wanna join you, but you already know that me and Saihara-chan are on bad terms right now." said Kokichi before skipping down the steps. "Just apologize." said Rantaro and the kitsune shook his head.

:Time skip

:Shuichi

Shuichi laid down on the wooden floor, it has been pretty boring without the kitsune walking around the shrine, and he has already finished all of the work he had to do for the lantern festival. He was a bit worried for the kitsune, since Rantaro did state about the hunters that will be poaching during the lantern festival.'Maybe I should go and set some security down in the shrine to avoid them coming in and hurting, Kokichi.' thought Shuichi. Meh, he already does that whenever the lantern festival starts since usually whenever the lantern festival rolls around. Shuichi puts a protective barrier around the shrine so that no one goes in and disturbs Kokichi and Shuichi when they see the lanterns fly by in the night sky. It was comforting feeling the fox lay his head in Shuichi's lap and then point at the many yellow bulbs of light and imagining them turning into constellations.

Shuichi blushed at the thought, and he hid his face underneath his sleeve. Even though there was no one in the shrine and Rantaro literally just left a few moments ago. Probably going to visit Kaede or his sisters or something else.'Maybe I can go and visit Kaito or Maki?' wondered Shuichi, but he immediately pushed that thought away since Kaito was already a mess since he has terrible time management and was trying to finish his part of the lantern festival in 2 days. And well, Shuichi did see his terrible state, his hair didn't have his hair gel, and he looked extremely weird and Shuichi noticed little stubs on his chin, showing him that he hasn't shaved in a long time. Plus, he reeked of sweat and his clothes were all wrinkly and were drenched, probably should really take a shower once he was done. Why did he exclude Maki? Well Maki's the one who is keeping Kaito up and preventing him from being distracted from anything else. The occasional threat and sometimes a slap to keep the demon awake. Add scolding at him for not starting his part earlier that month and well that was basically what was happening in Kaito's shrine. Quite a sad scene, but it left Kokichi laughing at the demon who was clearly a mess.