Chapter 3.5 Fantasy

We're back peeps!

Yep! 

Ok, so where did we leave off?

We were talking about scents and I told you it was stupid and then you said it scents were more like a favourite sweet-tasting food to amp up the cavity making fluffies and then we argued about the hideous abomination called strawberries. 

...

Uh.

Nice recap? But yeah! Here, I'll put the sweetness into perspective by writing a bit! 

Sure. And before you make yourself the Alpha, I call dibs. 

Ugh! Fine.

I walked through the bustling hallways of the school as I nervously made my way to my locker. Today was my 18th birthday. The day I'd finally get to meet my mate. I fidgeted with my hoodie's drawstrings as the thought I'd pushed into the deep recesses of my mind this morning clawed its way back up to the surface.

"What if my mate rejects me?"

Wait! why would the mate reject them if they're meant to be?

to amp up the tension! In werewolf stories sometimes they do get rejected because of their status in the pack or some other weird or bigoted reason! Of course, the character may end up together orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr THAT STUPID BIGOT GETS WHAT HE DESERVED! TAKE THAT YOU DUMB JERK NOW YOU'L NEVER FIND LOVE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

...Ok...Just...keep...writing...

I reached my locker, cringing as I pulled out my calculus textbook. Why did I even take this course? I was about to close my locker went the world around me blurred, the faces and outlines of everyone around me seemed to dissolve into one colourful spiral. Spoken words mixed together as if someone had dunked me underwater. The overwhelming smell of chocolate overtook my nose, deafening any other smell around me.  And in the strange stupor, I was in I heard the sharp cry of my wolf's shriek, "Mate! Mate!"  

Question. 

yeeeee?

where did the wolf come from and why can it speak?

Oh, right! so everyone has a wolf inside them!

Excuse me, what?

It's like a second personality! The wolf is basically a representation of your "wolf half".The Wolf allows you to shift and can "take over" when it wants to! Of course, you can let your wolf take over your body or you can fight for "control" of the body (always great when the Alpha is fighting for control with his wolf)! And a complete takeover means that you turn into a wolf! Usually, your hair colour would match the wolf's fur! It can also tell when your mate is close by!

So, it's like two different people sharing one body? What if you dyed your hair? then would there be a bright pink wolf prancing around? 

Well more a person and a supernatural being but yeah! And to answer your second qs

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you could do that I guess nothing says you can't ~ 

Oh and! Your eye colour usually changes from what it was to black!

Thanks! This totally isn't weird at all. 

Np! now, Back to the story!

Yay.

By the time I figured out what was going on, the scent was gone and the world had gone back to normal. 

I spent the rest of the day sulking. I had the chance to meet my mate and I lost it! 

"Don't worry Josh," My wolf, Adrian tried to console me "We're bound to meet them again!"

Why does the wolf have a name that is different? and why does it have a name at all?

It's to lessen confusion! That way you can identify who's who! You don't have to include it in your story if you don't want to but it is a really common theme!

right ok, But why the name Adrian

IDK. 

Name it Canis instead. 

Fine!

I nodded in agreement. Canis was right! We would meet soon or later! I fiddled with my drawstring as I walked to class. Whoever my mate was, I hoped they'd like me! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------