Communication

Beam POV

It hurts. Extremely hurts. This hurts more than love!

Calculus, this son-of-a-bitch of a subject! Why do I need to find the value of y if x approaches this limit? Why can't you just move on? You don't need to ask 'why' anymore if your 'ex' already left you! Ugh!

I sighed deeply with the big F that marked my test paper. Shit. This is my second quarter exam. If I don't get my act up soon, I'll probably do some remedial classes in the summer with this forsaken subject.

No way! I have loads of plans! I need to achieve all the beach trips that I saved up for. No freaking way!

The hallway was filled with students coming out of their respective rooms. It's noisy and rowdy but I'm used to it. But what I'm not used to is the fact that I need to study calculus! I'm in the Arts and Management track! Why do I have this subject?

"Uy, Beam!", a sweet voice called my name. "How's your exam in Calculus?"

Of course, I know that voice. I won't ever forget that voice. It's owned by my apple of the eye. Okay, let me rephrase that. He's my crush for a long time: Canlam Vachiravit or more popularly known as Lam.

Tall, handsome, kind, intelligent, manly. He has every quality that I want in a man. He's that dreamy. Some people actually say that we look alike and he gamely said that I was his twin brother. Like wtf?!

I simply smiled wryly to answer his question. "Haaay, another failure."

"Weh?"

“Weh."

My thrift smile lingered just to show him I'm alright. I mean, I really have nothing to do if I really failed the test. It's just embarassing to admit because I wanted to clout. But our whole class knows that I'm a bit of an egghead in Math.

"Don't worry, you still have two quarters left." Lam smiled and my knees turned to jelly. Omg!

"Yeah. I'll be sure to catch up and--"

My reply was interrupted because his attention was diverted to our female classmates who asked him some questions. It was not surprising. Honestly, this is a common occurrence so I'm pretty much used to it. Yes there's a bit of pain because of course, hello, I want him to notice me too. It's natural for him to be surrounded by girls rather than someone like me. Well, I guess, it can only happen in my fantasy.

"There you go again. You're drooling again." My self-pity mode vanished when Forth rounded an arm on my nape.

How should I describe Forth? Hmmm...

Forth is one huge numbskull. He calls himself a hipster but is quite shallow. He's nice but always gets on my nerve. Witty but has a quirky sense of humor. He's the type of guy that will make a mess of your life.

But there's one thing that's clear about Forth and I remembered it again while I look at him smiling at me...

He's a good friend...

...because he accepted me for who I am. He's not disgusted of me. He's not awkward unlike the other straight men that I know.

"Fuck you!"

"Really Beam! It's all dried up already.", He teased.

I pushed him. "Don't be such a jerk Forth."

He just chuckled. "You know that you two can't be together right?"

He's pertaining that Lam is straight. "Okay, repeat it over and over. It's not sunk down on me yet."

"Go on, Forth. Say it one more time." Mina suddenly butt in. She's one of my good friends.