Letter for Forth

Beam POV

I saw with my own eyes how Forth loves. He had a girlfriend a few years back. She's our classmate before. They were together for about a year. He's still the same jerk then, had a habit of saying things bluntly but you can see that he cares for her and gives priority to how he'll make the girl happy.

It even came to the point that he asked me weird things like what to do on their monthsary, etc. I gave some suggestions but in the end I'll just quip, "Why are you asking me and not Mina?"

"Ehhhh Beammmmmiiieeeee... I have no romance in my body. Help me naaaaaaa.", he'll answer much to my chagrin.

One month after their anniversary, Forth learned that his bitch of a girlfriend was two-timing him with another guy. They broke up not before Forth breaking the guy's mouth.

Forth couldn't be bothered then. Mina, Wayo, and I didn't know how to share his despair. I volunteered to talk to him since I was there in the duration of his relationship with that whore. We had a drinking sesh one evening and just after a few beers, he cried everything over my shoulder in a spur of drunkeness. He fell asleep with his face buried on my shoulder so I just let him. It's a simple way making him feel that he's not alone and was not at fault that he loved truly and deeply.

That's why when he said how it hurts to be left behind, even if it was a joke, I gave some dead malice and walked more briskly. It's besides the point that I was already irked.

"Uy, Beam! Look! It's a fishball cart! Let's eat!", Forth invited me obviously oblivious to my arching brows.

I stopped and turned around. "Your treat?"

"Hell no, of course not. What's this? Are we in relationship?" He laughed out loud again.

"Why not? If I can get free fishballs. Hehe!", I answered. Sorry but I'm competitive.

"Shit, I didn't know that I can get you with just fishballs. If I've known, I would've bought you packs long before."

What? Did I hear that right?

"What's that?"

"Nothiiiiinnng. I said maybe Lam hadn't treated you to anything, right?"

We finally arrived at the fishball cart. Good thing there weren't that much people around.

T/N: So what we do, you get a stick and then skewer your way directly on the boiling oil

T/N: So what we do, you get a stick and then skewer your way directly on the boiling oil. You can ask the vendor for a cup to place your sauce or you can dip the whole kebab directly in the jar. It comes with a variety of food stuffs such as: fishball, kikiam, chickenball, squidball. Some even have crabsticks. Sauces can be sweet, sour and spicy or even sweet and spicy.

I know what you're thinking. "That isn't hygienic!"

Well, that's exactly why it's called STREETFOOD. Part of the experience is eating it on the street with the city grime and pollution. Hahahha! I'm from Tondo, so it's really up my alley.