2.6 | Mexican Consulate

Capítulo VI- Consulado Mexicano

Vydia cupped a warm cup of hot chocolate in her hands. The cup was drunk to the halfway mark as she and Five explained what happened yesterday and earlier that day with Luther and Vanya. Lila leaned against the couch attending to Diego's wounds. Meanwhile, he slouched, "So what you just let her go?"

Five paced behind the couch Lila and Diego were on, glancing at the note. "Well, Vanya had a lot to process." Five had calmed down since their last interaction with Vanya. Vydia had to remind him Vanya woke up with amnesia and had to process the crazy things the family has gone through and it was only the tip of the iceberg they had explained to her. He sighed, "She'll come around. I know she will." 

"What about the guys that went after her?"

"The swedes?"

"Yeah, I mean, how do we know they won't go after her again?" Diego asked. Elliot had two cups of coffee in his hands, he gave one to Lila and set the other on the table for Five.

"We don't."

Lila grabbed her cup and placed it near her mouth, "You have any idea who sent them?"

Vydia often observed Lila. Ever since yesterday, she hadn't had a proper conversation with her. Each time Lila spoke, it decreased her trust. She was always asking questions, which was okay given the things she had witnessed while she was with them, but she asked too many for Vydia's liking. Not to mention, there was a hint of distaste to Five every time she looked at him, even though, she acted like she wanted to befriend him.

Vydia responded, "Yeah, we do know, but that's a story we don't have time for."

"Right now, our priority is finding dad and getting an answer 'cause everything else depends on it," Five grasped his cup and took a seat next to Vydia.

"Which, for the record, I found him already," Diego reminded.

"And you let him go," Five put his leg on top of the other, "Before we could have a meaningful conversation."

Diego said, "He stabbed me."

Along with him, Vydia peeled her attention from Lila to Five, "He was stabbed."

"I'm surprised he waited this long, Diego. We've all had the urge," Five rose his eyebrows, holding the coffee cup near himself. His statement caused Lila and Elliot to chuckle.

Vydia rolled her eyes and smacked his arm, "Don't act like anyone who's met you hasn't had that urge toward you." 

Lila's chuckles turned to laughter, "Good one." She raised her hand for a high-five. Vydia didn't want to high-five Lila, but she couldn't change her behavior around her much for more suspicion of distrust. Vydia's hand connected with Lila's.