1: Astrology Conundrum (Conclusion)

AFTER a few minutes, the suspects arrived. Two girls and one man. The first one has long black hair, wearing a black tshirt and grey pants, she was twirling her hair with her finger - a nervous look on her face. The next woman has short brown hair, wearing a red tshirt with a flowery design and a long blue skirt, her head keep looking left to right. The man was wearing a white polo shirt and maong pants, both of his hands in his pocket.

"Why are we in here?" asked the man who Cassandra assumed is Robert since he's the only man in the suspects.

"Apparently, the three of you are the last person the victim met before he died," said Gen.

"D-does this mean that you suspect us?" The long haired girl asked.

"Yes," Gen answered without second thoughts. "Now, the three of you take a seat." She pointed on the three chairs in front of where the five are sitting.

The three of them complied while Gen took a new chair and sat down, facing the three with a serious look, her companion standing next to her holding a pen and a notepad, ready to jot down their testimony.

"The victim was killed around 8 in the morning and the body was discovered at 10 am by Varian. Tell me your name and what happened when the victim sent you that text message," Genevieve asked.

All of them remained silent for a few secons before the long haired girl spoke up, a sad look on her face. "I'm Melanie Diana and I was the first one he texted. It was around 7 in the morning when I arrived," she gulped. "I went there because I thought he found out about how I cheated the exam last year," she bowed her head.

"So, you killed him?" Eugene asked and Rapunzel elbowed his side.

Melanie shook her head. "No! I didn't. He only asked me if I know something about the CM and I said no. I didn't even know what CM means. I quickly left after that. I was back to my dorm after that."

"Do you have anyone who can testify that you're on your dorm after the conversation with the teacher?" Gen asked.

"The CCTV cameras?" Melanie asked.

Rapunzel shook her head. "That won't do. It's not working because it was meant to be replaced later this afternoon."

"So you don't have a strong alibi," said Bridget.

Melanie sighed. "I guess so."

Gen turned to the next girl. "How about you?"

The short haired girl spoke. "I'm Vienna Marcus and I came there at around 7:40 in the morning for the same reason as Melanie — we're in the same class with him as our teacher last year —  and he did the same thing about the CM. After talking to him I went straight to the gymnasium to practice the new cheer routine. My teammates aren't there yet so I practiced alone and with the broken CCTV, that leaves me to have no strong alibi," she stated quickly.

Gen nodded and turned to the man who have his hand in his pocket. "Your turn."

"I'm Robert Cruz and I'm the school's treasurer. I received his text but I didn't went to meet him because I thought it's another one of his prank. I was at my office all the time. As for my alibi, I called a friend of mine, Justin, around 8:10 from my office in the morning," he stated.

"Give your friend's number to the police so they can confirm your alibi," said Gen.

A question popped in Cassandra's mind and she turned to Rapunzel. "Raps, does everyone here who have their own office have their own fridge?" She asked.