Chapter 3-Nathan

*A/N: Sorry this is so short./: Been having a bit of writer's block./: Anyway, thanks for the votes & comments, like I said, they mean a lot. :)

*******

“Brielle!  Are you up?” Allie cautiously opened my door, peeking her head in.

“Yeah, I’m up.” I sat up, throwing the covers off of me and hopping out of bed.

“Can you give me a ride to Caitlyn’s? Mom already left.”

“Yeah, I guess. Just gimme a little time to shower and get ready.” I grabbed my phone off the end table by my bed, unlocking it and seeing it was 10am. I noticed the message icon had a little number 3 up in the corner, indicating I had 3 new messages. I clicked on the icon, and tapped on the first message, smiling when I read the name.

The Sexy Harry Styles: Good morning love.xx

I hadn’t bothered to change his contact name to ‘Harry Styles’ simply because I was too lazy. Plus, it always made me smile when it popped up on my screen.

I clicked on the last two messages, seeing one was from Nathan, and the other from Darcy.

Nathan: Morning. :) We still meeting at the park later?

Darcy: Skype call or lunch date later with Char to talk about last night?

I replied to all of them, and walked into my closet to pick out an outfit for the park later. Taking a 10 minute shower, I then dried off and changed into a pair of dark skinnies and a light pink long-sleeved shirt. I threw on a pair of grey flats, and went downstairs to eat before bringing Allie to her friend’s house.

I drove Alli over to her friend’s house, then drove the 5 minutes to the park that was in the center of our town. Parking my light blue impala, I hopped out and quickly ran my hands over my hair, suddenly nervous about meeting Nathan. Let’s hope this goes well…

*Nathan’s point of view*

I heard a car door slam, and looked up to see Brielle slowly start to make her way into the park, glancing around, probably looking for me. I smiled when I met her eyes, and got up off the bench, walking the short distance to her.

“Hey,” I smiled as I opened my arms up to give her a hug.

“Hi,” She smiled back, and hugged me. A feeling I had missed so much.

“Wanna sit?” I motioned over to the bench that I had been previously sitting on.

“Yeah, sure.” We walked back over to the bench, and sat down. There was probably a foot of distance in between us on the bench.

“Soo, how are you? I mean, I haven’t talked to you since like….Sophomore year?” I laughed and looked up to see her fiddling with her hair.

“Ha, yeah.” She giggled nervously. “It’s been quite a while. Um, I’ve been good. How ‘bout you?”

“Are you nervous Bre?” I could always read her expressions. It was like a talent of mine.

Her eyes widened a bit, “No, uh, well yeah….kinda. Sorry, it’s just, we haven’t talked for like 2 years. I mean it’s just kinda…weird to be talking to you again, ya know?”

I smiled, before looking up to meet her gorgeous bright blue eyes. “You don’t have to nervous Brielle. I mean, once we fall back into our routine, it’ll be just like it used to be!”

“Yeah, I guess. This’ll just take some getting used to. But…don’t take my nervousness as a bad thing Nathan. Trust me, I’m glad were talking again.” She smiled that breath- taking smile, and laughed.

“Mhm, I am too.”

*Brielle’s point of view*

The meeting at the park with Nathan started off awkward, I mean he always knew how I was feeling, so I guess it shouldn’t have surprised me when he asked if I was nervous. I wasn’t exactly nervous, just…trying to avoid an awkward meeting. Once we got past the first like 10 minutes, it was just like it used to be. We were laughing, joking around, and just acting like the best friends we were…or used to be. I wasn’t exactly sure if we were going to continue talking, but I got my answer the next day in Calculus.