Chapter 8-NYC

I looked at the clock, seeing we still had a half hour of class left. I had looked at the clock 5 times already, and each time the minute hand seemed to only move about 5 or 10 minutes.

“Hmm, Brielle. What’s the answer to number 3?” I jumped a little in my seat when I heard Mrs. Carter’s voice. I felt a blush creep up onto my cheeks as I glanced down at the worksheet that was sitting on the oatmeal colored desk in front of me. I absolutely hated speaking up in class. Well, at least when the rest of the class was silent.

“Uh, it’s a gerund phrase?...” I trailed off, looking up to Mrs. Carter for reassurance.

“That’s correct!” She offered a small smile and looked back down that the worksheet, calling on another victim from the class.

After what felt like forever, the bell signaling the end of 2nd block rang. I literally hopped out of my seat, and bolted to my locker. I only had 50 minutes for lunch, which felt like a lot when sitting in the cafeteria, but when I had to drive to 67 Burger, which was about 10 minutes from the school, I felt like my time was being monitored by one of those little sand hourglasses. I climbed into my car, and started it up, backing out of the parking space and turning out onto the main road. I arrived at 67 Burger about 10 minutes later, and walked in, glancing around the various tables for Harry.

“Looking for someone miss?” A tall, skinny blonde girl asked from the hostess stand at the front of the restaurant.

“Yeahhh.” I didn’t know if Harry would want me to just casually say I was waiting for Harry Styles, it might bring unwanted attention. Just then I felt a pair of hands slip around my waist, and I turned to come face to face with Harry.

“Found him,” I said to the girl, smiling. She smiled back for a minute, then her eyes widened.

“Oh my..You’re…Ha…Harry Styles!” She stuttered.

“Haha, yeah I am. What’s your name love?” He flashed his killer smile in the direction of the girl, whose face was now bright red.

“I’m..Olivia.” Harry removed his hands from my side, and went up to hug her. “Can I get a picture with you?” She asked, taking her phone out from her apron pocket.

“Sure love.”

“Would..You take the picture for me please?” The girl, Olivia, said as she handed me her phone.

“Of course!” I felt so awkward standing there with a world-known celebrity. The two posed for the camera, Harry’s arm slung loosely around her waist. I felt a twinge of jealousy, put pushed it aside as I held up her phone. “Smile!” I said before snapping the picture. It was actually really cute. Wait, what am I saying?  

“Thank you so much!” She smiled at me as I handed her phone back to her.

“No problem.”

“Babe, you ready to eat?” Harry interrupted, snaking his arm around my waist again. I nodded, looking up to see him smiling at me.

“I can get you two a table! Inside or outside?” Olivia asked, grabbing some menus.

Harry looked to me, letting me decide.

“Outside,” I replied, following her to a small table out on the porch of the restaurant.

**

*Harry’s Point of View*

“Well, what are you gonna get?” I looked up to see Brielle’s eyes still scanning the menu.

“Hmmm, probably just a regular cheese burger. You?”