murmur

emma/charlotte. sfw. word count: 281 // so sorry for the long wait & how short this was.

~

"i love you," murmured emma against charlotte's neck, the softness in her voice making the lady flush. it was late in the night, their bedroom only lit up by a few scented candles that reminded charlotte of lost childhood memories; now replaced by the evenings shared with emma. nothing special particularly happened, more so the two were feeling more affectionate with one another. however, the barista was feeling rather appreciative and would express so by showering her with quiet compliments.

she is aware it made charlotte flustered quick - she enjoyed how easy it was, she thought her little giggles and red cheeks were cute. "you are absolutely wonderful, quite lovely, very sweet and caring. i don't get how you do it, lottie, you're one of a kind," whispered emma, as she continued to press light kisses on her skin. they were slow and gentle, a bit ticklish to her since her neck was one of the most sensitive parts of her body. charlotte didn't know what to say; she simply grinned and allowed this to happen, which was the norm.

"hmm, consider the following: you are one of a kind. there are tons of people like me." "nuh-uh, if there was, do you think i would've fell for you?" replied emma, her question making her hold her breath for a moment. then, a sweet laugh slipped from charlotte: "you're silly, dear, oh my goodness." she slipped her arms around her neck, this keeping emma close and encouraging her to keep up with the pecks. for most couples, they would much rather be on an actual date, but the pair was comfortable and content staying inside mumbling short exchanges to one another.