Chapter 22

A/N: Dauntless Tribute, don't die during your mock exams. (this also goes for any other Brit readers that might be dying from exams right now :P )

 ***

“I can’t believe you talked my mom into this,” Ethen declared, standing outside of the formal wear store.

“An investment in a suit is a long term investment,” Ari repeated the same line he had used on June. “Job interviews, internships, so on and so forth.”

“We’re just lucky my mom didn’t come with us,” Ethan muttered, admiring some of the suits in the shop window. Despite it being a formal store, it was still located in the mall, right next to a bookstore and a Sears. “I like that purple tie,” Ethan added.

“We can get you something that goes with purple. Come on.” Ari led him into the shop.

“Can I help you boys with anything?” the attendant asked as she stepped out from behind a counter.

“We’re looking for suits for winter formal,” Ari declared. “And on a budget. Oh, and my history teacher Mr. Declan said you could give us a discount or something?”

“Yes, Mr. Declan’s students get a discount for coming in,” she chirped. “So is there anything specific the two of you are looking for?”

Ari fell silent and Ethan chuckled. “So you don’t even know how to shop for suits,” he teased.

“Well what do you think she works here for?” Ari defended himself. “If you could help us, that’d be great,” he said more to her.

“Well, we have a few mannequin displays that have the three more common suit designs… I would recommend the English cut, as it’s more versatile in its appearance,” she said, pointing out one of the mannequins. “I can have both of you fitted for one. Have you thought about colors, maybe matching dresses or corsages?”

“More like matching each other,” Ari corrected her, clearing his throat pointedly.

“Oh,” she gasped quickly. “Okay, well. We can do that too. Let’s get you both measured up first, and then we’ll look at colors.”

Ari put Ethan up on the small step first, with his arms up and straight. “Would now be the time to test your ticklishness?” Ari goaded him from the side as she pulled out a measuring tape.

“Do it, and I will do it right back at you,” Ethan grumbled.

She got the measuring done quickly and put Ari up for his turn. She intentionally prodded at his sides a bit, sharing a grin with Ethan. “See, she’s on my side,” Ethan declared happily.

“Only because I’d probably be just as ticklish,” she said. “And I hate it when people do that to me, so…”

She helped them pick out ties and undershirts for their suits, and Ethan got his wish of purple while Ari went with green. Once everything was set and ready to be tailored, they left and wandered around the mall some more.