A Bit Different

Handing over Ginger to Aakash Abir turned around to give a glimpse over the decorations. Those lights... colourful paper origamies... spreading a bright light... a positive vibe to every single thing present here...
And here comes that crazy girl!

"Aakaaaaaaash!" she screamed out... giving a tight hug to him. "Where were you?! I was beginning to worry you know!" Aakash asked in a tensed tone. "Eeeeeee I had to capture Ginguuu!" She chuckled and continued, "Maa kaha hai?!" "There... waiting for you... but before meeting her promise me... you won't go anywhere without letting me know... alright?" His voice had some sort of... fear. "Aakku but..." and she immediately got interrupted by him... "Mishtiii promise me first!" "Okay fiiiiine.... ab jau?" "Go..." and she ran away... "Slowly Mishti!" He screamed...

Abir stood there narrowing his eyes... witnessing the talk... Yeah it was Aakash's engagement party he had come to attend to... but... this girl?! This was definitely not something he had expected! This girl and Aakash?!

Moving forward Abir stood in front of him... "Aakash? Is she your...?" Abir could see his immediate reaction. "Wooh wooh wooh! Abir Rajvansh! Do you even realise what you are talking about!?! Fortunately no! She is my best friend... Mishti... the crazy girl! We are are friends from may be when we were 7 years of age. Ishita... my fiancee is Mishti's college friend and after that... you know deep connections..." Aakash cleared himself. "Yeah... but then why was she calling your mom as maa?!" Abir questioned. "Actually that's a long story... but she is my best friend nothing else! And thankfully! Uss pagal ko kaun tolerate karega I really don't have any idea!... You know what..." and Aakash just got interrupted by a call.

Excusing himself, Abir looked around only to see Mishti by the stage... completing some unfinished decorations... Laughing... talking... enjoying every single moment... Was this girl always like this?! Does she never feel low?... tired?! For some unknown reason, his eyes just feel relaxed by the glimpse of her... and wait! a small curving in the lip too? Yeah!
.

Everyone just got ready for the engagement ceremony... Aakash stood there... at the stage... waiting for Ishita.. and there she comes with her bridal look... They really look good together! Suddenly... "Aaah no! Maaa nahiii! I am not gonna wear that!" Mishti came running towards the stage to hug Ishita... and then Aakash... "Mishti! You are still in denims! Yaar aaj to atleast aisa mat kar!" Ishita pleaded. "Ishuuuuu chup kar... already maa se ladke aa rahi hoon now you don't start please! Aakku samjhana yaar teri biwi ko!" "Mish... wear whatever you like... no one will tell you anything! Maa... Ishita... no!" It was as if Mishti got her license! Abir just stood there... adoring all the bonds... adoring them... adoring this weird girl...

"Aww my Nikku is ready! Come on guys pose pose pose..." and her eyes travelled to meet the person who was just happy watching their antics from a distant... "Eeee Lambuuu come naa! Come come! One more chance of getting clicked by Mishti Aggarwal! Just imagine! Come on!" And before he could nod to a no she grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the stage. Click... click... click...

A girl who loves to laugh... be crazy all the time and a boy who almost forgot to live life in true means... met here... They say opposites attract... Is it... true?

Mishti, who was busy enjoying every bit of her best friend's engagement party kept everyone involved... in dance, antaksharis, cool games... But was something missing? As if she was still searching for something... desperately... something she could not find here...
And Abir's eye was busy capturing her... Yes.. he was astonished! How can anyone be so playful! Did life ask nothing from her? Or is it only his part to sacrifice his desires, happiness in life?

Suddenly he saw her moving out... out of everything... everyone... the crowd. Where did she intend to go? His eyes followed her. Yes! She was isolating herself and Abir couldn't help himself but moved out to locate her... Something was definitely not right!
There she was! Uhhh sitting alone at a corner of the terrace... facing the hillside...

Tip toeing he moved forward... settling himself beside her, he looked at her. The soft breezes were busy playing with those soft strands of hair disturbing her eyes. For the first time she looked... quiet... calm... soothing... "Are you okay?" He asked a bit hesitantly...
"How do you always manage to stay calm?" She questioned in reply. Exhaling deeply, he questioned in return "And how to you manage to enjoy life... always?" Matching her eyes with his, she smiled... faintly.
"Aakash and you seem to be very close friends... aren't you?" Abir was definitely curious about the pure bond he just witnessed few moments ago.

Yes! For some unknown reason he did want to start a conversation. May be he was just curious about about the way she visualizes the world!

"We are childhood friends. My parents passed away when I was 10 years old. From then our friendship took a whole new turn. I call his mother my maa.. You know he has a different kinda right on me. He is my bestfriend, my brother, my father and a kid too!" Mishti exhaled deeply. "So you live with them? But I don't remember I saw you anytime I visited his place!" "Ohh no I don't live with them... I live with Piggy and naani... Now before you ask... Piggy is my chachu" she replied with that constant faint smile pasted on her lips.
"Mishti, can I ask you something?" His voice was soft... "Hmm hmm?" "How do you manage to enjoy every moment of the life How do ypu manage to be crazy... all the time?"
Yes, he needed this answer! Desperately!

She chuckled...
"Just this... go with the flow and do every small thing that makes you happy" Thhey smiled...
"So  your camera and denims make you happy?" He asked... hiding his smile a little... noticing the camera on her lap. "Yeah... I don't like to dressing up... Ohh fish! I forgot to introduce you to my first love.. Nikku this is Abir and Abir this is Nikku" she stated confidently.
"Nikku?! Uhh hello Nikku! By the way... you remember my name!" He was surprised! "Kyuuun Abir pasand nahi aaya? Gulal bolna tha?" Her reply made him smile...

That moment was priceless! Yes they didn't know each other! Yes they were not that comfortable with each other that much! But this moment has some sort of magic in it... The cold breeze... an unknown smell... and a silent silence....

His gaze was fixed at some unknown direction... For the very first time after years, he felt life... "You sure you're alright?" He questioned again with a concern in his voice...
Those slight wind ran through him... his face... his hair... the moonlight enhancing his hazel brown eyes... and Mishti looked at her... properly... for the very first time.

"Abir.... do this with me.... breathe in... hold on.... breathe out.... feel this magical smell... feel the wind touching your face... feel yourself..."
"Better now?"She looked at him... "Much better" he smiled back.

Standing up... urging to leave Mishti eyes fell on this man again...
"Wanna enjoy little moments of life? Tomorrow morning we will visit Mussourie... Hmm?" and she left observing his smile...

Who was this man?! Wasn't he different from everyone?! No one could ever ever see her this silent calm side.. No one had ever enquire she is fine or not! But this stranger seemed......
Mishti turned back one last time... before leaving... "Goodnight Mr. Lambu" she murmured... with a smile...

"Goodnight Miss Chatterbox" murmuring he rubbed his arms... Yeah, the wind is a bit chilly... but it's beautiful... and a smile curved his lips up...
Wasn't this girl was a bit... different?!

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hope you liked the update. Stay connected!