Too Close Or Too Far?

As the sunrays started disturbing her eyes, she tried to open those... And managed to find only a note kept under her phone...

Aaj phir ek nayi subah aayi hai,
Saath apne ek nayi ummeed laayi hai,
Hai asar tumhaari yaad ka aisa ki,
Hawayein bhi apne saath tumhaari parchhayi laayi hai...

Good morning...

Did she ever imagine that someone someday will write shayaris...for her?! Never ever ever in her wildest dream!
Uff this feeling and......... ABIR...!

She closed her eyes... embraced herself... trying to feel the cool breeze flowing over her... trying to feel the moment when her heart felt paralysed... refusing to move away from his aura... The moment when he caressed her jawline and the time refused to move ahead... When his perfect smile enhanced the beauty of the night...the moonlight...her world... When his gaze managed to stop her breathing... When...

*Beep beep*

The notification tone forced her to come out of the trance...

Aakash and Ishita arranged a small gathering so we won't be able to go out today. There's some function I guess.
Jaldi se ready hoke neeche aa jao... I'll be waiting...

Red? Blue? Pink? Urghhh these colours were too confusing to choose! She wanted to look good...smell good...in front of him.

Abir, who was busy with his phone looked worried a bit. "Abir? Everything all right? You look.. umm.. anything serious?" Aakash showed some genuine gesture. "I'm.. I'm fine Aakash!" Abir tried to force a smile. "Are you sure?" Aakash was not convinced...not so easily!
"Wo actually I wanted to tell you something... Wo mai aur.." and before Abir could continue any more, he saw her advancing towards them. Uhmm doesn't she look a bit... different?

"Mish!!! You look beautiful!" Aakash hugged her tight. Though she dreamt of hearing these words from someone else but it's okay... Atleast she looked alright that was for sure.
Yeah for the first time she put on a bright orange knee length dress, keeping her hair open... "Wo mai.. I thought to fulfill Maa ka wish for once so..." Mishti tried to explain.
Gosh! She practiced so hard not to get nervous not to blush not to blabber but... all in vain.

"Hi Mishti" Abir smiled at her. "H..hi Abir" she managed to look at him. "Okay you guys have fun I'll just go and check few other things" Aakash's leave increased the nervousness of the environment...

To comfort the moment, Mishti broke the perfect silence, "So! My next wish! I can fulfill it here itself! We don't need to go anywhere!" She jumped up a bit. "Really? But as far as I remember next wish was to watch a film late night.." Abir tried to clear out. "Uhh yeeaaah but I can definitely complete another one from the list!" She exclaimed.
"Right and what is it?"
"Throwing letters to random people in a partyyyyyyy" Mishti screamed hard. "Whaaaaat! Are you crazy! Ough of course you are! But Mishti, you don't wanna spoil your best friend's party right?" Abir wasn't sure. "Don't worry Mr. Lambu kuch nahi hoga trust me!"

This girl definitely decided to kill him in front of all! But still he couldn't think of anything other than being with her and smiling.

.

"What! Are you serious! No Mishti! No! You are not gonna give such kinda letter to anyone! They can easily get it wrong Mishti!" Abir was not liking this... Not at all!
"Uhhhhaa don't worry... Kuch nahi hoga" Mishti was more than sure.
So the plan was to throw a letter of just the word "HELLO" to a boy... rather an young man and if he responded back then the next... A proper letter...

Roaming around all day, Mishti only managed to find a single young so so looking man whom she could try this with. Abir seemed to fume in anger when he responded back with the first letter, waving at her. His breathing hitched... He felt a heavy heart as if someone had just put tones of stones on his fragile one. Tightening his fist, he stood there.. trying to control himself from this not so familiar feeling.

"Phsss Abiir! It's time for the second letter! Abir!" Mishti's voice brought him back to sense. "Never mind! I will pass this letter myself!" Abir grabbed the letter, almost snatching it from her and moved away like a wind.
Mishti stood there... confused... Yes she was more than happy the whole day because she got to spend time with him the whole day... But Abir's reaction at the end left her a bit... puzzled...

Abir moved to ask for a minute of the boy and got involved in some quick chat.
He came back to see Mishti still staring at him... narrowing her eyes...
"What?" He asked her with another level of confidence. "What's going on? What did you tell him?" She asked with that constant suspicious look. "Uhhh you were supposed to give the letter right? So... Its done? Your wish is completed now forget it" he replied.
Noticing her same look, "Mishti chalo... let's go... Come with me... Chaloooo" Abir wanted her to forget the last part of the party... Of course...

.

"Where are we? Abir?" Mishti was kinda confused as he brought her away from the party... It was already around 8 o'clock... "Abir? Ab bologe?" She repeated failing to get answer for the first time. "Watching movies late night" Abir voiced a bit loud.

Mishti stood there... surprised! He really did take responsibility of fulfilling all her wishes!
"Movie andar hai...yaha nahi...to.. chale?" Punching on his hand, she laughed out loud. And they moved inside...

.

"No! Your face was something to be seen! Gosh you were so..." Mishti's voice was loud. "Shhh slower Mishti! And hello! You were the one who was laughing even in emotional scenes!" Abir stated.
"But your face was even funnier than the movie" Mishti started giggling. "Oh hello! You should have seen your face alright?!" Abir stated laughing.
"You know what Abir, one day I was at the movie..." Mishti continued her talk but Abir seemed to get lost... lost in the moment... in the beauty of this moment... in her.

Looks never mattered to him but Mishti really looked beautiful... Those peaceful yet chirpy eyes trying to express the ocean of emotions... her smile as calm as spacial air...
He wanted the night just to stop here... for a lifetime but....

Suddenly Abir stopped her taking her hand in his.
"Abir? Kya hua?" Mishti questioned him. "Mishti... Promise me... You will always stay like this... You will live life like you do... Always" Abir's words made Mishti look at him.. puzzled... "Abir, what's wrong?" She asked him staring straight at his eyes...
And before she could read those, he embraced her close to his heart... Wishing the time to stop right then!

Breaking the hug after a moment, cupping her face, he uttered, "Mishti... Wo mai.."
"You are leaving, aren't you?" She spoke...in a low voice.
Slowly advancing, he pecked her temple more delicately than the sunrays kissing a petal...
"Apna khayal rakhna... Bye" his shaky voice sent some shiver down her spine... A pearly drop escaped her eyes as he tried to release their hand...

And finally, he did...

"Abir" he looked back at her, "Bye..." She whispered... may be for the first time in life...
And they stood smiling at each other for the moment with a storm of emotions filled inside... with red, sobbing eyes...

And, he left...

"Bye..." She whispered again...but this time no one could hear her... Not even.... Abir...

.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: How will Mishti and Abir meet again? Uhh something interesting coming up so stay connected and let me know how is it❣️