Longing Hearts

The knock on the door made her come out of the trance. She was busy staring at her hand for umm may be a few hours... The hand which he brushed the last time before leaving... Yeah, his feel still lingered all over her mind.
Sighing softly, she moved to open the door.
"Mish!! Where were you!! I was knocking at the door since ages!" Aakash seem worried. "Hmm" she just managed to nod... looking down. "Tu thik hai na?" Aakash's concerned tone made her nodonce again... humming. "Abir called. He had reached Delhi just a few minutes ago. He told me to inform you so..." "Okay" Mishti replied before he could complete.

"Mujhe call nahi kar sakta tha khud?" She fumed under her breath...

....

"I guess Aakash informed her already but... should I call her myself once? Uhhh but what would I even say?!" Abir started pacing here and there across his room. He restlessness increased every passing minute. Closing the eyes, he took a deep breath... "You are going, aren't you?" Her voice kept echoing in his ears... Stroking his own hand, he started feeling her... her touch... her eyes... her smile...
Gosh! What happened to him?! He is really going crazy!

...

"Ek message karu? Umm no! Why should I?! He didn't want to talk to me na! But...
But... what if.. he is confused? In any way he is an introvert I..I know that so... Should I?" Mishti kept talking to the reflection exact opposite to her in the mirror.
"Urghhh Mishti! Stop overthinking and off to bed! Now!!" Sighing deep she kept on with her thoughts.

...

"I think I should! But what should I exactly say?! Urghhh! This is so confusing!" Abir muttered under his breath. "Umm ek message is okay I think...
What should I say? Hii? No that would be awkward. Miss you? Eww no! Cherishing our moments? OUR moments? Like seriously Abir Rajvansh?!" Holding his breath more tight and then exhaling, he slowly shifted to bed switching off his phone.
"Mishti, I actually miss you" he uttered pouting his lips...

...

"Pigggy! Open the door na! It must be Aakash" Mishti screamed from the kitchen and continued with her work.

"Mish I don't understand why don't you two talk to each other directly?! Why should I be the postman! Come on man! I have been doing this from last two weeks!" Aakash seemed to be frustrated a bit.
"Uhh Akku what did he say?" Her voice sounded like that child waiting for the lolipop. "He said everything's fine! Just stay the way you are and try to fulfill the other wishes" he stopped.

Mishti's eyes glistened with that bright smile on her lips. "Tell him I'm busy with my work here so I can't do those... alone" she replied in a proud tone and thrn looked at Aakash, who stood with that frustrated face narrowing his eyes. "What?" "What the hell is going on between you two?! I really don't understand!" Aakash said it in a go. Before leaving the kitchen, he turned back to say "Ohh and he also said that he is missing Mussoorie"

What?! Did he really?! Oh my gosh! Do..does that mean he is missing her? Did she hear that right? Before she could react in excitement, she screamed out loud pouring sone hot coffee on her palm...
Nodding to a no, Aakash moved out to bring the medicines.

...

"What?! Did she really?! No I don't understand how can she be so careless?!! Hot burning coffee on her palm! Aakash! Will you please tell he..." Before Abir could storm out more, Aakash crossed him, "Abir I think it would be just fine if you tell all those yourself. Moreover she would really be happy if you say all those yourself!"

Pausing for a second Aakash started, "Kya yaar! Kya aise indirect baat karna! You are not a couple of 80s alright! Like come on man! Seedhe seedhe baat kar aur aage badh na! What's the problem?!" Responding to him, they hung up the call.

Should he really?... message her? But he need to talk to her! Scold her for not being careful enough! Need to know her condition! He can't live with this restlessness no!

"How's the hand?!"

And the heartbeat stopped for a moment on the other side. Did he really messaged him?! Like seriously he wanted to know about... Her?

"Don't worry, it's not something serious"

Her reply made him furious even more! First of all she didn't take proper care of herself! Now even she's decided that it's not something serious!

Her phone rang...

"What the hell do you think of yourself?! It's not a joke alright? You've burnt your hand! What were you thinking about all those while stupid!" Abir was mad at her and that was something very clear to her.

"Abir" and just a word... utterance of his name from her and his heart melted all at once...
"Mishti? Dhyaan rakhna chahiye na?" His half broken pleading voice sent shivers down her spine. "I am okay Abir... Don't worry" Just these words in her prominent voice were enough for him to get consoled....

Pausing for a while, Mishti uttered slowly, "Abir... I miss you" and he gasped. His breathing hitched as he struggled to respond...
"Mishti.... I... I have a surprise for you" he muttered slowly.

His voice was soft yet deep as if it was the live form of the storm of emotions going inside his mind...
"Su.. surprise? F..for me?" And that moment, Mishti was nowhere near! She felt nervous, happy, excited, teary...
"Yeah just.. it's just.. I hope you'll like it I mean.. it's..."
And the conversation was never ending...
They continued until they fall asleep...

....

"Are you sure Mish? Keep informing me okay? And you will take care of yourself okay?" Ishita hugged Mishti tight while Aakash stood beside them... smiling.
"What?" Mishti questioned him with joined brows. "A burn united two souls right? By the way, the coffee was for me right? So the credit goes to me" Aakash flaunted. "What... ever!" Mishti replied rolling her eyes.
Taking the driver sit, she started off.

Yeah, its been 9 more days when she and Abir started talking over phone for the first time and after that? There's no stopping...

Taking out her phone she typed...

Get ready for the surprise Mr. Rajvansh

...

Abir was already waiting by the place where Mishti told him to. It's like dome kinda surprise gift! As the next day was his... Birthday...

Where is my gift! The purcel? I've been waiting here for ages now!

On it's way

Her reply made her even more restless! And before he could react, a voice... just a voice....
"Abir?" Her voice...
Yes, it was her....
He turned back... to see her... in real...
And they smiled... That same smile of forever.....

.
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Houf! So the interesting part is on the way! Stay connected ❣️