Nine

I looked up from my laptop and watched out over my balcony at the waves crashing onto the beach. The moon was reflecting off of it and the atmosphere was simply wonderful. I can't believe I'm taking this time to sit by myself and watch YouTube videos.

I decided to head out and to the beach. It wasn't as hot as it was earlier today and there was a bit of a breeze which made it absolutely perfect to be out right now. I stood right in front of the ocean and let the water slide past my bare feet. The slight breeze lifted my hair. It felt like I was in an anime.

I glanced over at the nearby pier and noticed someone standing on it and leaning on the railing. To my surprise, it was actually Shayne. I made my way over and stood behind him.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked. He looked back at me and then to the ocean again.

"Don't know. I just thought it was pretty beautiful tonight what with the beach and all. That why you're out here?" He asked.

"Yeah, I needed a break from YouTube," I walked over and stood next to him. He let out a small chuckle and sighed. I couldn't help but stare at him. He seemed so at peace. I had never seen him like this before.

The moonlight reflected off of the water and hit his face at the perfect angle and the breeze would occasionally lift his hair. I couldn't describe how it felt to look at him like that.

"So, how are you liking this vacation so far?" He asked.

"Oh, it's a lot of fun. I'm really glad we did this," I sighed smiling.

"Me too. And to think, you were going to do something like this alone"

"How'd you know?"

"Ian told me. He said something about it after telling us about this trip. You know, I would have come on vacation with you if you wanted," he looked over at me and I smiled.

"I know. I actually considered asking you, but I didn't know how you'd feel about it"

"I love traveling. It would have been really nice"

"Yeah, but this is better, right? I mean, we're out here with the Smosh fam. It's...all I could ask for. Plus, shippers won't be as crazy"

"Yeah, could you imagine how a certain fan group would feel about us going on a vacation alone?"

"Oh I think I know," I laughed. I looked over at Shayne who was looking at me. I didn't notice how close we were to each other. Olivia would be giggling right now.

"Um, well anyway....I'm gonna head back inside," he said, "See you tomorrow, Court"

I watched as he walked away and into the hotel. I don't know why...but it felt right being out there alone with him. Its almost like....I wanted something more to happen between us.

Something more...but what...?