Scarlette: Going to Camp Wolf

"Wait!" I cried out as I watched two familiar forms run.
They paused for a moment, allowing me to catch up.
"Holy cow, I am such a huge fan of Sherlock and Merlin, could I get a picture with you both-" the figures turned at this and-
Beep. Beep. Beep. BEEEEEEEP!

4:30 A.M
Crap.
I just had to wake up before I could be blessed with the cheekbones of Colin Morgan and Benedict Cumberbatch.....

Sigh.

I smacked my Rilakkuma alarm clock, and abruptly sat up. Today was the day.

My salmon pink suitcase was already packed. Yes, I like pink. Get over it. And I picked out my outfit, which was:

·Red sweat pants

·A black and white striped T-shirt

·A bright orange sweat shirt

Very fashionable, I know. As I said, comfortable clothing is my thing. I lugged my suitcase with great difficulty down the marble stairs. Rounding the corner, the strong smell of bacon, eggs and pancakes hit, and my stomach grumbled. Loudly.

"Is that Lily? Make sure you feed her before we go," my dad says as Lily, our coon hound, rushes down the stairs. I didn't get to see her yesterday, as she was keeping my mom company during her lonely writing process.

"No, that was me!"I eagerly grabbed a plate. "I'm starving! I could even eat some takoyaki right now!"

My dad chuckled. "That can be arranged!"

"Nooooo." I say, pretending to gag. I probably disappointed my dad by being the only half Japanese person who hated the fried octopus dish.

I practically inhaled my food. Thanking my dad for the coma inducing breakfast, I brushed my teeth, and slipped on my light pink converse.

Sitting in our silver Honda accord, I sighed. My parents were making me go to this rich kid summer camp. To make friends or something along those lines... because I only have one friend. Lara. I literally have the worst people skills on the planet. I apparently "spend too much time on Netflix" and "listen to music nonstop" ,"hate everyone in my ballet class",  "go onto Instagram wayyyy too often" even though I don't even have a social life.  Tumblr and YouTube has my back.... Ok, I do have a presence online though. Gonna have to agree with ya on that, parents.

Dad hops into the car and we sped along on the highway. "Don't forget to let yourself have fun!"

I snort at his comment. "Hahaa... says the accountant.."

"Heyyy..." my dad lets out a giggle. "No need to bring stereotypes into this!"

We both lost it. My dad, Shinosuke Saito, is one of the most adventurous persons I know. In fact, he is borderline insane. In his free time, he likes to go skydiving. Or rock climbing. And then after deciding rock climbing is too "safe", he took up mountain climbing. Some times he does two day trips with his buddies and sleeps on the side of a mountain in a tent, like a mad man. He also enjoys cage diving with sharks and other dangerous creatures. (He claims it's perfectly safe, but, uh, yeah, not something I'd do for fun.) And he runs at least two marathons a year. So yes. He is crazy.

Actually today, he was going to run a 5k. "Good luck on your race!" I say, removing my suitcase from the trunk.

"Have fun and make some new friends!" He calls from the driver's seat. He waves and I wave back, heading to the check in machine.

I've been to a lot of airports, many times, at that. I go to Japan yearly, during spring break. It's so breathtakingly beautiful in the spring, the cherry blossom trees crowd the hills, and their petals fly into nearby streams. I usually go into the rural parts of Japan (Ibaraki), where my dad is from. I've also been to India. Which was phenomenal. The culture, the architecture, just blew me away. The hot and humid temperatures were a change for me. I was used to rainy summers here. But I really enjoyed gazing at the intricate, shining, splendid temples, and the awesome spicy food! Last winter, I went to Australia. Because, you know, it's summer there when it's winter here. I was fangirling the whole time 'cause Dance Academy is my show! Yessss.

I get through security, and in a flash (a very slow flash), I'm at the terminal. People at a rich kid camp, get ready to meet someone who is nothing more than an invisible girl.