Chapter 3

Alexander typed quietly at his desk, chewing on the inside of his cheek. Even though his introduction to the freckle-galaxy that was his roommate was slightly awkward, Alexander missed his silent company. At least the silence was drowned out by his roommate's breathing or the sound of him texting.

Alexander never liked the quiet before, and he sure as hell didn't like it now.

Lucky for Alexander, the sound of the door unlocking and opening interrupted his thoughts on silence. He took the time to glance up at his roommate, whose face was smiling. But Alexander could tell that there was a lonely sadness in his eyes.

"Hey, Alexander," his roommate greeted, collapsing onto his bed,

"Hello," Alexander responded, spinning around in his chair to look at his roommate. "Now, where did you go?"

"Huh? I thought I told you," his roommate said, clearly trying to remember if he did or not.

Alexander laughed awkwardly, "I probably wasn't really listening. I'm sorry."

"Nah, it's alright. I was at my friends' dorm," his roommate flashed a reassuring smile at Alexander. Alexander smiled back.

"Man, Alexander. You should see those two. I can't handle them sometimes."

"Why not?"

"All they do is make out," His roommate perked up. "Oh, shoot, you should meet them! C'mon!"

Alexander watched his roommate get up and head toward the door.

"Ah, hm, I guess," Alexander said, grabbing his walking cane and standing up, limping after his freckle-face roommate.

"Back so soon, John? Did you miss me that much?"

A Frenchman had opened the door and had clearly just finished eating, as a nice smell wafted into the hallway.

"Nah, I didn't miss you at all," 'John' said, smirking. The Frenchman feigned a hurt gasp.

"Rude," the Frenchman hissed, turning back into the dorm, John and Alexander following. Alexander leaned against the wall beside the door and shut it, trying his best not to fall over. He hobbled over to the couch and huffed tiredly as he sat down, his cane across his lap. He hadn't walked like that in a while.

"So, Mr. Mystery Roommate, what's your name? Je mappelle Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette. Or, just Lafayette," the Frenchman introduced himself, shaking Alex's hand.

"Oh, Je mappelle Alexander Hamilton. Comment vas-tu?" Alexander responded.

"Oooh, your roommate knows French and has a firm handshake?" Lafayette gasped before turning to look into the hallway of the dorm. "Sorry 'ercules, I have found the new love of my life!"

'Hercules' came out of the bedroom, shaking his head.

"You'd better not have," The buff stranger said, chuckling.

"You know I never would, mon amour," Lafayette said, his voice taking a romantic, deep tone as he walked to the other and wrapped his arms around his neck. "You're the only love I need."

The taller pulled Lafayette into a deep kiss and Lafayette hummed quietly.

Alexander looked away, his face red with embarrassment. He felt like he shouldn't be here.

"Hey, c'mon now, guys. Wait until we leave at least!" John said with a fake tone of disgust.

"'Ey, this is our dorm that you're in. We can do as we please," Lafayette said, sticking his tongue out at John. The tall man seemed to finally notice Alexander sitting next to John on the couch, looking at the wall.

"Ah, hey," Hercules pulled away from Lafayette, who whined and quickly followed. "I'm Hercules Mulligan."

Hercules held out his hand for Alex to shake and Alex looked up at him and firmly shook his hand.

"Alexander Hamilton."

The moment John and Alexander left, they heard a soft moan emit from behind the door and they both blushed with embarrassment.

"I seriously can't deal with them, sometimes," John said, walking with Alex back to their dorm.

"Are they...always like that?" Alexander asked, trying to divide his focus between keeping his balance and talking with John.

"Yeah. I mean, not that horny. It is night, so I guess we did kinda barge in," John said, laughing quietly.

Alexander laughed along, quietly- awkwardly.

Alexander lay awake, staring at the ceiling. John had taken away his laptop and put it somewhere Alex couldn't reach. Alex heard John snoring on the bed beside his. He looked at his roommate and sighed.

'God dammit. I wish I had something like that.'