Chapter 16

Van Vicker as Mike, Naa Larley's husband.

Chapter 16
"Should I wear the red one or the beige one?" Louisa asked as she held the two dresses up so her friend could help her make a choice. She had initially decided to wear something simple, but as luck would have it, Naa Larley had voice called her right after she stepped out of her bathroom and when she had learnt of her dear friend's agenda, she had immediately switched to video call to "help her girl out."

"It depends on where you are going Lou. Do you know?" Naa Larley asked.

"Yes. I'm meeting him at the Robin Hood Hotel."

Naa Larley whistled in appreciation. "The man's got taste."

Louisa rolled her eyes. "Girl, if you won't help me, then I'll make my own choice. I don't want to be late."

Her friend raised her hands in mock surrender and muttered as she readjusted herself on the bed. "Jeez jeez. I didn't know you were that eager to meet him. Choose the red one."

Louisa pursed her lips in displeasure. She wasn't going to give her silly friend the reaction she wanted. She changed into her lingerie and then quickly applied her makeup.

"Don't use a lot of make up. We don't want you looking slutty." Naa Larley stated, and then with a gleam in her eyes, amended. "...Or maybe you should use a lot so that you can definitely get some tonight." She burst into loud laughter at the petrified look on her friend's face.

Louisa shook her head. "For your information, I don't need a lot of makeup to look sexy, I've got my own appeal... and you have been a considerable help tonight but right now you're just getting on my nerves, so..."

"No no, wait wait, okay I'll stop-"

"Bye Naa. I'll call you tomorrow."

"Louisa Mensah, don't you dare hang up on me... you'll-"
Too late. Louisa grinned happily as she ended their call and slipped into the red dress her friend had chosen for her. She glanced at her watch as she added accessories. 6:15. It read. She really had to get going if she was to be on time. Adding a dash of perfume here and there, she wore her black killer heels, grabbed a clutch where she put her phone, I.D, and keys and then headed downstairs.

Her mother and daughter looked at her in awe as she descended.
"Where did you say you're going again?" Mrs. Mensah inquired.

"A business meeting Mama." Louisa lied between her teeth.
"Why do you ask?"

"Nothing." She heard her mother reply but her attention was on her daughter who had a mischievous look on her face.

"Mum, are you going on a date?" The teenager asked with a grin leaving her mother in a cloud of confusion, horror and shock that she'd been found out.

She sighed in acceptance. "Is it that obvious?"
The duo nodded their heads so simultaneously, Louisa would have found it very funny if it didn't put her that much on the spot.

She pinched the bridge of her nose for a moment as the barrage of questions flooded her senses. Who is he? Do I know him? Is it uncle Chris? Where are you guys going Mum?

"Okay okay. Enough." She scolded.
I'm going on a business meeting, take it or leave it. Isa, you'd better go upstairs and finish your homework and you Mama, go find something else to do and don't wait up for me." She gave them both a kiss on the forehead and quickly strutted out of the house to her car.

○●○●○●
"Mr. Blankson, we've been on the lookout for sometime now to find the perfect base to set up our branch, and I must say, your company seems to have topped the list among all the other African countries."