Chapter 4: Just Another Day At The Office

The next day, Charity had woken up feeling like a kid again, and not in a good way. She could almost hear the blaring sirens that signaled a mission, see the flashing red lights, and feel the quick tension in the air as everyone scrambled to get ready. None of that was happening today, though. It was just silent. Which felt nice, waking up to silence in this house.

She slowly sat up, looking around her old room. Everything was exactly as she had left it. Well, besides a few things Grace must have moved around to clean, but otherwise it looked the same. Looking at the clock hung on the wall above the door, Charity saw that it was pretty late. 2:34 pm. How she had slept for that long, she had no idea, but she decided it would be best to go downstairs now, to see if anyone else was down there.

As she was walking down the stairs to go to the kitchen, Charity ran into her mother, who was smiling brightly.

"Charity, dear! I was just coming up to get you, sleepy head. I've prepared you lunch!" She led Charity down to the kitchen, and single plate of food and a glass of water waiting for her at the end of the table. It was simple. Just a sandwich, something that Charity would always have as a snack. So it would satisfy. Besides, her mother's sandwich's were the best. Even after all these years. Charity sat down, looking up at her mother.

"Thanks mom." She smiled. Her mother smiled brightly back.

"Of course." Charity looked back down at her sandwich, which looked to be a BLT, and took her knife to cut it in half. Grabbing onto one of the half's, she took a bite and smiled. Just like I remember it. She thought, taking another bite. Charity got lost in her own thoughts as she ate. Thinking about nonsense, and humming to herself.

She'd only finished a little more then half of her sandwich when Five and Klaus came into the kitchen.

"Come on. You're coming with us." Five said. Charity was confused.

"What? What are you-"

"I'll explain on the way. Just come on." Five cut her off, walking out of the kitchen. Klaus just shrugged and followed him out. Charity sighed, taking care of her plate and cup, writing a little note for her mother that said,

Mom,

Thanks for lunch <3

Charity

She folded the note so it would stand up on the table where she was sitting, and quickly ran to follow Klaus and Five to where ever they were going. They were waiting for her in the car, Five was driving, and Klaus was in the front, so Charity got in the back and Five drove off.

"So can you explain to me what we're doing now?" Charity asked, leaning towards the front.

"Well, the guy at the place this eye was manufactured wont give me the information I need because he thinks I'm a kid. So, I need you and Klaus to pretend to be my parents." Five explained. Charity stayed quiet for a moment. She wanted to ask more questions, but it wouldn't matter anyway.

"Ok. So, what do you need me to say? Like, "give my son that information or else"? I'm confused." Charity asked, deciding questions was better than confusion. Five sighed in annoyance, but didn't answer her. Klaus looked back at her.

"Just follow my lead," He said, "I have a plan."

Charity laughed, "You? A plan?"

"I know, I know. I don't believe it either. But this might actually work."

Charity hummed, leaning back in her seat and watched as the buildings flew by. It felt like forever by the time Five finally stopped in front of a large building. It was a lab that made fake body parts, for people that lost them, or for other things.