Silence is a Privilege

Life continue its normal course

Life continue its normal course. It does not wait for us to make our minds up. So,most of the times we don't. Motionless. What a state of bliss and complete mindlessness. James Potter still looks after the dark haired girl with curios eyes, wondering what he is supposed to do, how it is possible to start anew when the past burned us to ashes. How do you start? 

Well, as we can observe after two weeks of constant doubt... You don't. You sit beside the same people, making the same jokes and playing different pranks on whoever you feel fit. Change is hard. It takes effort. Ignorance is simple. 

🔹🔹🔹

Milena is sitting in her normal seat at the Hufflepuff table beside the same chattering boy waiting for the owls to arrive.

''You seem a bit distracted today, has something happened?'' The first year asked eyeing the girl that more often than not zoomed out of the conversation staring towards the teachers' table.

''Waiting for the post.'' She said just as absent. Lucas is used with that. He does not mind. Because he is 11 but can still understand that there is just so much things you can concentrate on. 

''Oh, understandable. I am looking forward to getting a letter from my mom, as well. She was a Gryffindor when she went to school and my dad was a Ravenclaw and I am curios what their reaction was when they heard I got Hufflepuff! My mum made a bet with my dad, you know. She said I would get Ravenclaw because I am a smart chap or something and my dad said Hufflepuff because I am a social goofball. So I wait to read mum's rant about dad's reaction because I am sure he made a big deal out of it. He is a bit extra, you know.Are you waiting for a letter from your parents as well?''

''No, my brother.''

''Oh? You have a brother? How old is he? What's his name?''

''He's 11. The name is Nicholas.''

''He isn't a wizard?''

''No. I am a muggleborn.''

''Oh. That's a bit sad. Not having your brother at Hogwarts, I mean. I know I would miss seeing Dalia wherever I go, even if sometimes we bicker, you know.'' He started to rant again getting a soft nod from the girl that catching a glimpse of the owls entering the Hall lost her attention in the process of catching a letter flying towards her.

Things usually do not go as planned. And even receiving a letter turns in a harrowing task when two seventh years boy grab it and unfold it as if it's their own. Gryffindors, of course. Beaters. Kevin's old friends. It is curious how the past finds a way to haunt us, how a person can torment us without being present.

''And what do we have here, slut, Hmmm? Dear Lena, I will just begin with saying I miss you. A LOT. And that I got a sneaky antidote for the burns on your arm. My... '' He said in an arrogant manner when his lips suddenly got sealed by a spell yelled by the dark-haired girl.