''I am good.''

It takes a lot out of us to to go through important events without the people that made them so special and paramount. What is Christmas, after all, without your favourite people in the world? Just another cross you have to leave on a calendar. Just another reminder of a lost that can't be altered. Acceptance doesn't make the pain less. It just make you realise that it is not your fault. Not much if we have to think about it.

Milena doesn't. She just wakes up on Christmas Eve with a box standing beside her bed, the room empty of its other four usual inhabitants that left the other day. In a quiet room, the green eyed girl put on the present she received, a purple sweater, still smiling at the small note that was now laying on her nightstand in reminiscence of the argument she had with her fellow friend a week ago.

Purple is the superior colour, I don't care. It is special and pompous and calming.

Merry Christmas, Milena

Lots of love from Lucas x

Comfortable. What a weird feeling it is after barely freezing to death.

In a gaze she left the common room, the same quick steps and assured posture following right behind, in order to get to the kitchen, the place where she thought it more appropriate to serve her breakfast.

Unfortunately for our beloved girl, her plan didn't go off the way she wished, meeting with Professor Sprout along the way that dragged her, if you may, to the Great Hall after hearing that she didn't had breakfast yet.

"That won't do, dear. Come, come. You have to eat something. I assure you, the food is amazing at holiday time." The woman said smiling brightly at her student that, fearing to get another detention for sneaking into the kitchen kept her mouth shot.

Reaching their destination, the two observed that, instead of the four tables that were usually filling the room, just one of them remained, occupied by just 10 people.

"It is great to see that we have some additions to our table. Miss Ovich, Professor Sprout please come sit and have some crackers, as well. They are quiet interesting to be sure." The old man said taking two chair out for the late arrivals and handing them the so called Christmas crackers.

With a confused look at the thing in her palms Milena took a seat between Professor Evergreen and a blonde.

Across her stood Sirius Black and James potter playing with the same candies mischievous smiles on their face. It would be fair to say that Milena didn't expected the sound the wrapper made when it opened to reveal a crown decorated with red jewels to be similar to a cannon fire and she would have swore out loud if it wasn't for the teachers sitting around her. Of course that didn't stopped her from flinching in her seat getting her a puzzled look from the girl beside her.

"Aren't muggle cracker supposed to do the same sound?" She asked with a raised eyebrow making Milena look at her strangely, surprised that the Ravenclaw threw a word towards her that seemed close to an actual conversation.

"I have no idea."

"Aren't you... a muggleborn?" The girl asked fazed.

"Yes... But I don't celebrate."

"Are you like Jewish or Buddhist or..."

"Oh, no. I was baptised and all even if I consider myself more of an atheist. I just don't do all the fuss with Christmas." Milena said awkwardness dripping from her lips.

"That's interesting... Atheists are those who don't believe in any deity, right?"

"Yeah. I mean you can be a deist as well so..."