Chapter 26

The rest of January flew by and now it's already halfway through February.

Time has dragged on since Kyler left 3 weeks ago. I've tried not to be the clingy girlfriend who feels incomplete without their boyfriend, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I miss him like crazy and Facetime and phone calls are just not enough.

The only good thing that has come out of Kyler being gone is the crazy amount of phone sex we've been having. I never thought I would be a woman who likes phone sex but fuck if it's not amazing with Kyler. Seeing and hearing him get off by just watching or hearing me on the phone, I've learned is a huge turn-on for me. It's nothing like having him in person, but it's up there.

13 more days.

Just 13 more days till I get to be with him again. Not like I'm counting down or anything. Kyler is doing so well in his races, coming in at least third place every single race.

I open the fridge and grab last night's leftovers from dinner. Eating pasta for breakfast is not a crime and it's almost 1030, basically lunchtime anyways. I laugh remembering yesterday and how I got a surprise knock on my door. I had woken up in a bad mood because it was Valentine's day and I was feeling sorry for myself. I actually have a boyfriend this year and yet I still couldn't celebrate.

Yeah I know, Valentines Day is just some made-up holiday by the candy and card companies yada yada yada.

And yes to all you Debby downers, Kyler and I should celebrate our relationship every day and not just on some dumb holiday...

but I wanted it with Kyler.

I wanted to wake up next to him and hang out in bed all day, making out and watching movies or we could have done the basic thing and gone out to dinner. He would have shown up to my apartment with flowers, chocolate, or even the big teddy bear the size of a child.

Instead, I slept in by myself and then decided to watch whatever romantic movie was on the tv and Kyler called and he could only talk for 20 minutes. Around 4 pm, I got a knock on my door and opened it to a big bouquet of chocolate-covered strawberries. I took a picture with the bouquet and sent them to Kyler. I would have rather it had been him surprising me, but it still made me happy.

An hour later, I got another knock on my door. I expected it to be another gift but was surprised when I see Wendy standing there. She hugged me and told me that she was under strict orders to be my Valentine's date and she was taking me to dinner.

I told her that I was okay and that it was unnecessary for her to take me out and that she should be going out and celebrating with Nate instead.

She chuckled and told me no. They had already celebrated together this morning. She gave me 20 minutes to get ready and she wasn't taking no for an answer. Wendy took me to a fancy restaurant and we stuffed our faces until we couldn't move. Before she dropped me back at my apartment, she handed me a medium-sized gift box that was all black and said it was my last gift from Kyler. I thanked her for being my date for the day and she thanked me for loving her son and then I walked up to my apartment.

Once I was lying in bed, I Facetimed Kyler and opened my present. Inside the box were 6 black roses that were dusted with gold glitter. He told me he got them for me because they last forever and I deserved more than the basic colored red roses that die after a few days. He continued telling me he got me 6 of them because each one was for every month since we met. I told him that the roses were the best gift I've ever received and that he was more romantic than he gave himself credit for.

After we hung up, it was my turn to give Kyler his present. I put on my brand new bright red lingerie that I went out and bought yesterday and took some sexy photos for him. This was totally out of my comfort zone, but I knew Kyler would love them. I've never taken any photos like this in my life, never even sent any nude photos to my ex-boyfriends.