Three

K I T

It's been almost a week since Livvy paid her visit. I didn't realize how much I missed her until I saw her. We leave for Idris tonight. I was in my room packing a bag, I had clothes thrown all over my room. I had no idea what to pack. I had pretty much all the basics fighting gear, weapons, clothes, hoodies, a jacket some books and a toothbrush. Pretty sure that's all I will need. I will be seeing Ty tomorrow and all the other Blackthorns. I have no idea how to prepare to being turned down again. I'll just avoid him at all costs. I'll run away from him if I have to.
I put all my stuff in a duffle bag and put it downstairs where Tessa and Jem put their bags.
"All set?" Tessa asked taking a sip of her coffee. I nodded. I grabbed some orange juice from the fridge and drank out of the carton. Don't tell Tessa and Jem I do that!
I walked outside and set up some targets. My knife throwing has been getting better. But I've been practicing almost every day this week and I've noticed it's gotten a bit better. Jem watched me from the window upstairs. He often does that when I'm training. He thinks I don't notice it but I do. He's not very subtle. After a couple hours Tessa brought me out some lunch which I ate by myself on the porch. Jem came and joined me.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked taking a bite of his sandwich.
"About what?"
"Why you've been pushing yourself way too hard this week. Is it because you'll be seeing the Blackthorns again? Did something happen with them?" Jem was worried and I hated when I made him worry about me.
"I don't really want to talk about it" I said quietly. Jem nodded.
"Just try to talk about it with someone. It's not good to hold what you're feeling in all the time"
I nodded taking another bite of my sandwich.

-

I always fall every time we took portals. As soon I went to walk on the ground I would face plant. It was embarrassing. We just walked through the portal into Idris. I of course face planted and I was on the ground.
Jem helped me get up and then we walked to the Herondale Manor. There was a bit of a time change so we were all super tired and decided to sleep early. I picked one room and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I woke at about 3 am, at least that's what the clock on my nightstand said. I walked over to the window in my room and looked out. Idris.
The place gave me a heartache. It reminded me of Ty, The Blackthorns. Livia.
He heard Mina start to cry in the next room. I went to go see if she was okay.
I picked her up from her crib and she stopped crying.
"Oh Mina, Mina. Are you okay?" I asked. She didn't say anything, her little chubby hand held onto my shirt. I tried putting her back in her crib but she wouldn't let go. I sat with her in the chair that was in the corner of the room. She jumped down and walked over to the back Tessa and Jem packed for her and went through it. She pulled out a book and handed it to me then climbed onto my lap.
"Read, pwease" she said. I nodded then started reading the book. She made me read three more books to her.
"Kit wh- oh." Jem said walking in. I was reading another book to Mina.
"She couldn't sleep. Sorry" I said.
"That's okay. Thank you" Jem smiled then cleaned up the mess Mina made.
He left and then brought back a bottle of milk for Mina and brought me a cup of tea. After reading a couple more books I put Mina back into her crib and headed downstairs. Jem was looking through a bookshelf, opening then closing a book. I just headed back to the room I was staying in, it was now almost 5 am and I was still wide awake. After staring out the window for what seemed like hours I finally fell back asleep.

I woke again at 11 am. Tessa and Jem were cooking either lunch or breakfast, the smell of food filled the house. I put on a pair of jeans and a hoodie and went downstairs.
"Morning Kit! Would you like some pancakes?" Tessa asked, as she poured batter into a pan. I nodded. Jem poured me a cup of orange juice and handed it to me. Mina was sitting in her high chair while throwing food everywhere.
"Oh Mina, your covered in food! What are we gonna do?" Jem said and Mina giggled.
"Are you going to train today?" Tessa asked placing a plate of food in front of me.
"Yeah, I brought some targets so I'll practice my knife throwing" I replied.
She nodded and then her and Jem gave each other a look. I quietly ate my pancakes and then cleaned my dishes, I went upstairs to my room and changed into shorts and a shirt.

I went outside and grabbed my knives and a target. I hung the target on a tree branch and started throwing knives. Jem watched me from the window.
"What's your weapon of choice?" Jem asked from the window.
"Erm, knives I think. I'm good at throwing them so probably knives." I replied continuing to throw.
"Have you tried a bow and arrow?" He asked. I shook my head.
"I think you would be good at it. Would you like to go get one?"
I nodded.
"Alright let's go to Diana's Arrow" Jem said.