The Life Of A Nerd

             No one warns you as a kid that life will be hard. A little kid just sitting in her tiny playhouse without a care in the world. Now has so much worry watching as her playhouse falls on top of her. Tries to escape the collapse of her life, she knew. Just for it to capture her inside, suffocating her. I am that little girl. Everyone in my school calls me 'The Freak'

Is it cause my hair is pink? The fact I am smart? No, I used to be a normal student. Used to be knowledge as my name, not freak. Then Christian Cleaver happened. We used to be best friend's it all changed when he had a glow up. Tried out for football, and turned to Satan. I can't even stand him. I am happy he moved away. 

       Grabbing my pastel lunchbox from the silver fridge. I make sure the fridge is shut. Little sister Lannie walks over in her cheerleading outfit mom praising her "look at how pretty you're honey!" Lannie has this pretty curly black hair, a bow hanging in her ponytail. She smiles up at our mom. "Thank you, mommy!" She is 12 yrs old in middle school. Mom realizes I am standing there. She gestures toward me in a disgusted manner. "see Lannie, never end up like your sister." 

I sigh. I am so sick of this. Making me into a joke, always making me seem like the problem. She lost that pretty daughter with the blonde hair long ago. Mom clears her throat from behind me. "Aren't you going to say good morning?" Oh, now you notice me? I turn on my shoe heel. Grabbing my bag opening the door to head out. Mom barks an order at me before I can take one step out the door. "Callie! Go change into something else. You're not wearing that!" I look over my shoulder. "I will dress as I want. Bye mom" 

           Before she can protest my clothes anymore. I slam the door in her face, walking down my house sidewalk. Best friend Maddie waits for me by the curb, gets up smiling at me. "hey Cal! Good morning," I smile at her as we walk side by side to school. We hear a car behind us zooming. The stupidity begins. Knowing who's car, that is. No other than Hunter Stevens, I take in a deep breath. He 'accidentally' runs through a huge water puddle in the road, splashing Maddie and I.

I gasp, Maddie glaring at Hunter's red Mustang shouting "stupid steroid using bitch!" Maddie is having a mouth like a sailor. Everyone in River fall High School has been together since we were in Elementary. I ring out my sweater as we walk. The school comes to view walking through the parking lot. Hunter laughs with his friends and calls out, "Hey Erickson, what happened? Got soaked!" 

I hear them all laugh. Maddie twirls around walking backwards calling back "at least we can get wet right bro!" His friend's laughs at him. I can feel the death glare right on us. I look at Maddie in shock. She literally just humbled him. Good lord Maddie, you're going to be the death of us both. 

            Our first period class was Math with Mr. Riley. Walk in as he writes math problems on the big dry erase board. Sits down at our desks. Mr. Riley talks to the class turns around "Good Morning class today we will do division can anyone solve" He points with his marks to the problem on the board "this problem on the board?" I look over the problem so 100 divided by 20 = 5 + 80 = 85. 85 X 100 = 8500 So the answer is 8500.