Why!

Maddie's POV: 

                     Maddie's POV: 

        The doorbell rings before I answer it. Two police men standing there taking off their hates. I look at them. The officer looks down at me. "Is one of your parents' home, honey?" I nod calling over my shoulder "mom! Dad!" Mom comes walking from the kitchen, cleaning her hands with her apron. Dad walking over with his uniform on. Fixing to head to work.

My mom's smile falls as she sees the police officers at the door. Dad asks "what seems to be the problem officers?" Mom looks over at me, holding my shoulders. The officer looks at my dad. "well sir, we're here looking for Callie Erickson. " 

          Dad getting a really worried expression on his face. "yes she is staying with us until her family is back. Is something wrong?" The officer frowns, looking over at him. "Callie parent's and little sister. Got into a bad car crash last night.,"

Mom gasps her grip tightens on my shoulders "oh my god their okay right?!" The officer looks over at her with saddened eyes shaking his head "no ma'am they're dead no one made it" I cover my mouth with my hands crying. 

         Dad looks down at me, frowning. Mom is crying "oh god, Oh god!" walking away from me. Sitting on our couch, almost in tears. The officer frowns. "I am sorry we have tried to get in touch with any family relatives. You were the only ones. "

Tears running down my face sniffling, "Callie has no relatives. Her grandparents are dead. Her other family wants nothing to do with her.," The officer nods. "I understand that, ma'am. We need to talk to Callie.," My dad sighs. "she is asleep right now. If you would like to wait?"

The officers look at each other nodding "yeah we would" Dad gestures for them to come in. I frown, wiping my tears. Callie god.. I am so sorry.. 

Callie's POV: 

          I wake up to a lot of commotion from downstairs. As I walk down the hall of Mads house. I hear people talking down the stairs whispering, "oh Travis, how are we going to tell her?" Are they talking about Maddie or me? The stairs creak as I walk down, causing them both to look over at me. Mrs. Stevens walks over to me "honey I need you to sit down okay?"

She is scaring me. What's going on? Why are Police men here? Where are my parent's?! Where is my little sister?! The officer looks at me, frowning, holding his hat. "ma'am I am so sorry..." Maddie right beside me holding my hand. What does he mean, sorry? The officer sighs "your parents and little sister got in a huge car accident. "

I shake violently "b-but they're okay r-right?" The officer shakes his head. "no ma'am, they sadly passed away immediately. An 18 wheeler hit them head on."