Part 9.

*    *    *    *

A few solar cycles had gone by since Undertaker began getting paid properly. He would go to the construction site when the sun rose, return to the warehouse in the afternoon and do his community service until almost dark. Today was his day off and he wanted to finish cleaning up around outside, he was very close to having cleared the entire grounds of debris all by himself. I on the other hand have not helped him tidy up outside, instead I have been learning my way around the city.

As of this moment I am sitting outside in the mid morning sunlight on an empty crate, watching the black and green Cybertronian putting the debris into a pile. He took a deep breath and glanced in my direction, an irritated look on his faceplates.

"You could've helped me out, you know." He barked.

"I could have, but I am not the one who was sentenced to community service for theft. Who am I to interfere with a punishment?"

He squints, "You're a real piece of work, you know that?"

I smirked and gave a nod, he sighed and went back to work. As he continued his duty, I stood from the crate and headed for my ship at the back. I hadn't checked on my Predacons development as of yet today, and it is crucial that I do so in case the equipment starts to malfunction. Walking around the side of the building towards the vessel, I walk through the entrance and down the corridor.

Upon entering the cockpit, the familiar sound of bubbling hit my audio receptors. Turning towards the cloning chamber, I was pleased to see it still functioning properly. As I approached the machine and looked through the glass, I began to notice that some expected changes had occurred.

She was starting to develop her actual colors rather than the previous one shade of dull grey. Her face, head, animal ears along with parts of her arms and legs were becoming a bright yellow, her wings were turning a bright blue and red, and lastly her once pink lights were turning an electric blue color. Gently placing my servo upon the glass, I smiled.

Soon she will be completed, master. Just like I had promised you.

I gave the cloning chamber settings a quick once over and saw that they were all still the same as before, now knowing I had nothing to be concerned about. Once that was completed, I left the ship and went back to where the younger mech was previously, finding him finishing cleaning up the last of the debris.

"Thank the Allspark!! Finally done!" He cheered.

"Yes, done the outside. Fortunately the inside is for the most part empty, but it certainly requires a good sweeping and some repairs." I reminded him.

"Bah, that's a tomorrow problem. Maybe we should start planning the layout of the place."

I nod, "Of course, do you have any ideas?"

Undertaker nods and heads inside the warehouse, I followed behind him with my servos behind my back struts. Looking out at the large space before us, my own ideas conjured within my processor of a possible layout. As I do not have the most superior knowledge of construction, Undertakers assistance and intelligence of structure will be of great use. He hummed to himself as he glanced around, then snapping his digits.

"Alright, how do you feel about a few floors?" He asks.

"Depends on how many you define as a 'few'."

"2, maybe 3 max. This place used to store huge construction equipment, which is rather ironic considering our circumstances."

It certainly was. That also may explain the large dents in the walls.

"Then yes, that would be fine. My joints are used to constant moving."

"Alrighty then, 3 floors it is. Where's my datapad..."

Undertaker pat himself down looking for his datapad, unfortunately not finding it on him.

"Scrap, must've left it at work." He grumbled.

I chuckled.

"It's not funny!" He said.

"It actually is. Go get mine, it's in the cockpit of my ship. Hurry along."

Undertaker nods and ran out. I don't know what I was expecting when I came to Cybertron in search of a new life, although I do know it certainly wasn't becoming allies with a construction worker and former thief. Or reformatting a storage warehouse into a home and laboratory. But I am sure of one thing, it is much better than my previous location of settlement. Even in such a place as empty and dreary as this warehouse.

The younger black and green mech came running back in a few minutes later holding my datapad. I took the device from him and began typing in the beginning of our ideas, 3 levels of operation.

"Anything you care to add?" I ask.

"Hmm, well I think my own personal space is justified."

I typed it in.

"My laboratory could be on the first level, it will have to be large enough to contain all of my equipment."

"How big are we talking?"

"Perhaps a third or half the size of the floor space."

He blinked, "Damn, that much??"

"You underestimate the amount of space I require to work, the other 2 floors will not be affected by this."

We continued to plan the rest of the layout. My laboratory along with storage rooms would be upon the first level, the living quarters would be on the second level, the third level however was to be determined for later. Undertaker and I did butt helms a few times but we had come to a few compromises, otherwise our ideas were conclusive.

"So how long do you think it will take to complete the construction?" I questioned.

"If it's just us, a while. But if I were to ask my construction buds for help, then maybe a few weeks. They work fast."

"Sounds like they do."

I saved the checklist of our ideas on my datapad and put it aside.

"We should go and celebrate, wanna go to Macaddams?"

I raised an optic ridge and turned to him, appearing puzzled.

"Whom?"

Undertakers jaw dropped.

"You don't know about Macaddams?? Man you are missing out! Come on, drinks on me! Now that I'm actually getting paid, I can buy us drinks."

I sighed, "I'll take your word for it."