Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Bipolar & PTS

Annabell POV

I put a great deal of effort, time and research into figuring out Avan's mental state.

I had a lot of information about his thoughts and feelings, his past and the stresses he put his body under.

Today I will meet him and discuss my prognosis and the next step forward.

It kinda sucks that he's now my patient as I so would've helped him emotionally as a friend to deal with this.

Damn me and my job;

The code of conduct for a doctor is very strict and I could lose my practice if I went any further with him.

Sat in my office, worrying about the way Avan will react to my news, my hands start to shake.

Will he be calm and collected, able to let the information sink in, or will he freak and ignore my advice?

I don't have time to consider the options because Zayden knocks and tells me of Avan's arrival.

Oh god lord, time to change from Nannie to Dr Tryst.

I stand and pat down my pencil dress, and take a deep breath.

Avan enters, this time in a tight fitting pair of black jeans and a v neck blue T-shirt. Damn he's hot.

"Good morning Dr," he shakes my hand pleasantly.

"Good morning Avan. Please sit, we have a lot of discuss."

Zayden shuts the door, and leaves us to our session.

Taking my seat in the black leather arm chair, I watch as a nervous Avan Collier perches on the edge of one of the brown leather sofas, clasping his hands together,

"Ok, where do we start?" He asks.

"Avan.. I would like to start with ensuring that whatever we discuss is confidential and you can say whatever you feel in this room.

I understand the news I will give you may come as a shock.. Please be patient with me, and have an open mind." I warn with professional standing.

"I understand Dr, I will do my best," Avan nods, and sighs, slumping back on the sofa.

Time to start I guess.

~*~

Avan POV

I'm nervous.

I'm worried.

Obviously by what Annabell has said, the news, the prognosis isn't good.

Am I a nutjob?

Well I know I am, but to what extent?

Maybe I shouldn't have done this.

I don't know if I'm ready, if I'm capable of understanding what's wrong with my brain.

Am I like my mum?

Or my dad?

I don't want to kill people.. Or turn into a nutjob who can't care for themselves, let alone another person.

I watch in worry as Annabell grabs a notebook and pen from the table beside her chair.

"Avan. I took a lot of time trying to understand your situation, and find a prognosis of understanding on your behaviour and lifestyle..

I can say that the conditions I have recognised are totally normal, and can be treated with counselling and medication.

Do you think you can handle that?"