Chapter 9

This chapter is quite graphic; warning- slightly r-rated, with abuse present.

Chapter 9

Roses and Rouses

Annabell POV

I can't believe he was watching us at the park!

That's the creepiest thing ever!

No matter what the security did, we couldn't find the idiotic OCD fugitive!

Now, I'm on edge.

I can't help but worry that Jason is out there, watching my every move from outside my house!

After leaving Avan at the park, I came home; one body guard in my living room, the other stood on the edge of my front lawn.

If anybody walked past, it was obvious who he was and what he was doing.

I lay, soaking in my giant corner spa bath, bubbles enveloping me, the room filled with a fog of hot steam.

My music plays out loud, and I sing along with Seal- Kiss from a rose; a beautiful and captivating song.

"..There is so much a man can tell you

So much he can say

You remain my power, my pleasure, my pain

Baby, to me, you're like a growing

Addiction that I can't deny

Won't you tell me, is that healthy, baby?

But did you know that when it snows

My eyes become large

And the light that you shine can't be seen?

I've been kissed by a rose on the grey

And if I should fall, will it all go away?

I've been kissed by a rose on the grey.."

Shit.. Avan is an addiction!

Is this healthy?

This overwhelming craving to be close to him.

This need!

This want!

Avan..

"Oh Avan.." I whisper a sigh.

Closing my eyes, I sink into the water; my long brown locks flowing like seaweed..

This one moment just reminds me of the mermaids in the film Hook..

I can't work out why though; everything seems normal apart from a soft pressure on my lips.

Despite being under water, I open my eyes and look up into those unique beautiful hazel eyes.

Forcing myself back up from the water, a chill wracks my body as I see those eyes.. The eyes that have become my saviour, are on the face of someone else.

I don't recognise the features but I know those eyes.

It's him isn't it?

It's Avan's dad!

Jason Collier!

"How did you get in?" I whisper, covering my private parts as best as possible.

He chuckles evilly, "I've been waiting for you to be alone!

I finally get my chance."

My eyes widen as I see a sharp glittering knife being raised from behind Jason's back.