Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Dead Memories

Avan POV

'Ave, son. Don't move ok? Daddy will be right back!'

'Yes daddy.' I whisper, scared beyond anything I've ever dealt with before.

What is he doing?

Where has dad gone?

Why am I hiding behind this massive tree stump?

Being a curious young boy, I peek from my hiding place and see dad stood over a bloodied man slumped on the floor.

Dad is holding his gun.

He's a policeman; he always carries his gun and badge.

Unable to tear my eyes away, I watch as my dad shoots the man in the head; blood shooting out and onto dad's chilling smiling face.

My jaw drops and a chill of fear takes over my limbs.

My dad just killed someone!

Suddenly the area is lit up by a bright white light from a loud helicopter above us, shining on my father.

Sparing one last look at me, my dad flees the scene, leaving me with the dead blood covered body, not 5 feet from me.

Tears fill my eyes and I shakily pull myself to my feet and walk over to the body.

I gasp out loud, and slap a hand over my mouth.

Mr Jenson!

My gym teacher!

Dead!

Tears stream down my cold face and I fall to my knees.

What did dad do?

Why did he kill my teacher?

Was this because-

Mr Jenson was in trouble a few weeks ago with the police and the school; he'd touched one of the girls.

According to mum, he'd abused her.

Sexually.

I know about the birds and the bees but I'm only 11! I've never even thought about sex.

Loud voices surround me and I curl up in a ball and cry.

"Daddy! Daddy!" I scream, shutting my eyes tightly.

My eyes open widely and I sit up straight with a gasp; my body covered in sweat, and tears streaming down my face.

I look around.. Oh thank god, I'm home.

On my own.

Yes that happened, but it was years ago.

Why am I still plagued by these incessant nightmares?

I force myself out of bed and into the bathroom; grabbing myself a glass of water, and splashing my face.

~*~

After last nights' chilling dream, I have decided to take Annabell.. Dr Tryst up on her offer for counselling and medication.. I can't keep dealing with this!

I will call her later.

For now, to calm my aching body and continuous fears, I watch her.. I keep close and follow her every move.

It's great being the boss of your own company; you can take the day off whenever you fancy.

At present, Annabell is sat at a table outside a coffee shop, nervously looking around and checking the time on her expensive looking white gold watch.