Together

"I don't understand," Taehyung paces around the room. "Are you saying V lost all his money?" Jungkook gets up and pushes him down in a seat. He's been pacing around since coming in.

"Not exactly," Namjoon starts. "The money's frozen by the government. They're undergoing an investigation which they won't tell us."

"What about V's parents?" Taehyung remembers them.

"Not that bad. Not all their money is frozen. They're staying at a cousin's place," Jungkook tells him.

Taehyung swallows. What about him and Jin? "We'll have to look into this. I have a feeling this was intentional. In the meantime, you and Seokjin can stay at my place," Namjoon offers.

Taehyung shakes his head. This is most likely done by the same person who planted a bomb in V's car and who put V in a coma. He doesn't want Namjoon to be in danger too. "No, whoever's doing this is doing it to V. If I stay at you or Jungkook's place, they'll find out you two are investigating them. Therefore, I put you guys in danger."

"Then, where will you and Seokjin go?" Jungkook ask Taehyung.

~~~~

Taehyung looks down at his feet when finished speaking. They just made so many happy moments together. For Seokjin's safety, Seokjin will go back to his parents' and Taehyung will go back home.

It seems like Operation V is done. Taehyung can't bare to look at Jin. After telling Namjoon and Jungkook his plan, he went home and told Jin.

"We have to move out by tomorrow?" Seokjin clarifies with him.

With his head still hanging down, he nods. "You can go back to your parents' house. When the whole thing is over, I'll come pick you up." He musters the best comforting smile and looks up at Jin.

This could be the last time he sees Jin because it won't be him who'll pick Seokjin up. It'll be V. What he means by "when the whole thing is over" he means when V wakes up and they catch the culprit. Jin doesn't know that. Doesn't know that this is the last time Taehyung will see Seokjin.

"You must be kidding," Seokjin confronts him.

Taehyung's smile falters. "What do you mean?"

Seokjin crosses his arms. "I'm your husband. If you go broke, I'll be broke with you." Taehyung is still not processing Seokjin's words. Seokjin sighs and steps closer to Taehyung. He picks up Taehyung's hand. "I don't want to go back to my parents. I want to stay with you."

Taehyung opens his mouth to say something but realizes he's at a loss of words. "Besides, if I go, where will you go?" Seokjin asks him with worried eyes.

"I have another place," Taehyung clears his throat.

"Then why don't we just stay there?" Seokjin suggest with hopeful eyes.

Taehyung felt heat creep up his neck. "You won't like it." He feels really self conscious now.

"Hey," Seokjin grabs his other hand. Taehyung flinches a bit at the unexpected gesture. "If you're there, I'll like it. We'll be together." Taehyung smiles, for real this time. He pulls Seokjin closer.

"Okay. Together."

~~~~

"There we go," Taehyung says as the door finally opens. For the past five minutes, he's been trying to wrangle the stuck door open. He goes over to the half broken blinds and opens them, letting the sun in. He has not been here for months and that shows.

He did his best to clean as much as he could before leaving. You can't say he did a very good job, though. "It's messy but, I'll clean it," Taehyung rubs his neck shyly. Seokjin's eyes scan the place slowly as he comes in.