Safe Haven - I

Where in the world is he?
She was restless. Yesterday when he dropped her at her home, she didn't want to leave him. The only thing with which she compelled herself to get out of his car was she would see him in the morning. He would come pick her up and she would spend the whole day with him. All that fiasco of contract made her see him in a new light. She was about to save him when he saved her. Ofcourse he cared! Her robot- no he wasn't a robot anymore. She chastised herself. He seemed to have become human to her. Those eyes which were cold to the whole world, held warmth only for her. She has no idea how but she can see past his shell now. Was it her enlightenment or him breaking down his walls for her, she didn't know. The way his hand held hers and his arms embraced her is engraved in her being. The calmness she feels when he is beside her is unparalleled. It's like he is her safe haven. Her home Her sense of belonging. And now when she can't reach him, she feels lost. So lost! Everyone is telling her about this "No Serkan Day" happening for years. What frustrated her that not even Engin or Selin bothered enough to find out the reason for years. What if he wasn't feeling well? What if it is something painful? The thought of him being alone due to either of the two reason unsettled her. As she was about to leave his office room her eyes fell on a glass box containing a flower. She opened it to see it being the same that fell down her shirt when they fought in the very room. Despite his anger he had kept her things this safely. A new kind of warmth filled her heart . The yearning for him became palpable. She picked up her bag and cell phone; Who cares if Ayden hated her? She was going there and find out his whereabouts. She needed  to see him.

She has been wandering in his house for an hour now. To her misery, even Ayden had no idea of her own son. She has been to his study and his bedroom but in vain. There was no clue. If only he was a Goblin, a candle will solve all of her problem.

"Edaçim. You seem too worried for someone you call your fake fiancé" , said Seyfe who has been watching her for an hour now.
" Don't you hate him? You should without him. You care for him. Don't you?", Seyfe was scrutinizing the emotions in her eyes. She was so panicked when she came here asking Ayden if she knew where he was. The girl is clueless about her own feelings. Giving her a little realization won't harm right?

Seyfe was right. All that she was feeling being away from Serkan was enough for her to realize she didn't hate him. And yes she cared!

"If you know anything, do tell me. Lütfen!". Seeing her desperation, Seyfe picked up a pen from Serkan' study table and wrote down an address. "Go. You will find the one your heart is yearning for."

It took her almost an hour to arrive at the given address. It was out of the city. Took her time to find the cottage almost in the middle of forest. The place was breathtaking surrounded by tall trees while a lake was present on the backside of the cottage, echoing with the sounds of nature. The view reminded her of the waterfall in Antalya. Serkan really knew all the heavenly places on Earth. Someone was playing guitar. Could it be Serkan? Her heart thumped at the thought of him The melody was beautiful but somehow painful. She stepped inside though the slightly ajar door. She followed the sound though the corridor and up the stairs but nothing prepared her for the sight that welcomed her. There he was sitting in front of a large window playing guitar with his bleeding hands. There were pieces of broken glass sound him. Her heart lurched at his condition. She called out his name but he seemed oblivious to it. She carefully touched his hands to stop him without hurting his wounds. He stopped playing but didn't raise his eyes. She gently held his face with both of her hands to meet his eyes. "Serkan Look at me."

----------------------------

Note:

So I've decided to put this in two parts because I felt I won't be able to do it justice if I wrote in one go. I won't lie, I've been disappointed since the last two episodes. There is something missing and they could have done better with the way they revealed a bit of Serkan's past.