Chapter Five

"It's your fault that I'm sick," I rolled to the other side of the bed, facing Beau who looked worried. He brushed his finger against my cheek and smiled, "What did I do?"

"You send at least dozen of chocolates every day," I frowned, "Now I'm having the worse sore throat and I'm burning up,"

He sighed and sat up, "Let me call the hotel doctor,"

"No," I closed my eyes and said, "I just need some rest. Go back to work,"

This morning, I woke up with bad sore throat and my body was burning up. I was too weak to get anything to eat or even pick up Beau's call. So Beau took fifteen minutes off work to come and look for me. He found me in bed, pale and sick.

"How can I go to work when you are sick?" He kissed my forehead and said, "Let me see what I can cook for you,"

"Beau," I coughed, "You can't cook,"

"Thanks for the reminder," He crunched his nose, "I can at least make some soup, Brooklyn. Or I will call the room..."

"Don't say the room service," I groaned, "It's making me sick,"

He laughed, "Alright alright. I will get out of your hair and make you some soup,"

Dork the Dog joined me in bed, snuggling with me. It's been two months in California and I'm getting too attached to this place. Next week will be Christmas. Deacon told me the café will be done by the end of this week; I can't wait to check it out.

I was invited to Deyes' family Christmas dinner. At first, I wanted to reject. Beau convinced me that it's just a dinner and they are playing secret Santa. This means I have to get someone a present. I hope its Deacon, so it will be easier to think about what to get for Deacon. Danica also assured me that Tania the bitter witch will not be there. That was enough to make me say yes.

I smoothed my hand down Dork the Dog fur and said, "Dork, why are you so dorky?"

Dork raised his head as if he asking me 'Are you out of your mind?'

Beau walked in and chuckled, "Are you seriously that ill?"

"Dork the dog, tell him to pass me the soup,"

Dork wagged his tail, his tail making the thumping sound against the bed.

Beau sat beside me with warm chicken soup, "I asked Danica how to cook this. You don't have any chicken breast so I went to my kitchen and found three packets of it,"

The soup was filled with three packets of chicken breast. Yep, that's how the soup looked like. I burst out in laughter.

Beau frowned, "Why?"

"Beau," I said to him, "You are not supposed to add all the chicken breast in,"

"But Danica said to 'Put the entire breast in,'"

"Did you tell her how many chicken breast you have?"

He looked away sheepishly. I laughed and kissed him on his cheek, "Thank you,"

It turned out Beau's chicken soup was delicious and filled with generous chicken breast. Yum.

xx

Deacon and Beau wanted me to be the one who do the open ceremony for Blue Bay Café. I rejected it and told them I'm fine at the back. Beau will be cutting the ribbon with Deacon. There will be reporters and that was the reason why I'm not showing up until later.

Beau was calling me non-stop. I finally picked up the call and Beau said, "Come down, now,"

"Is it still crowded?"