Chapter Six

"Beau, I don't want to dance," I pleaded.

Danica's 28th birthday party was insane. It was held at Blue Bay's beach bar and invites only. Right behind the famous DJ, was a banner 'HAPPY B'DAY DANICA'

Danica was hanging around the bar, with a frustrated Donavan trailing behind her. Beau swore Danica is ten years younger than her age. Tania the bitter witch arrived one hour ago with her witch assistant, Marilyn. She was all over Beau for fifteen minutes. I had to look for Deacon to distract me.

Deacon and I were standing outside the bar since Deacon needed a smoke. I stood there, looking right into the bar.

Deacon was saying something about Danica but I spotted someone with familiar brown hair. I can never forget the brown hair. I had make sure I'm not seeing wrongly. I lost the brown hair among the dancing crowd.

Deacon looked at me weirdly, "Looking for someone?"

"Nah," I shook my head.

Beau came back to my side with annoyance evident on his face. He took my hand and said, "Please, just one dance,"

"Last dance," I bargained. Danica told me the last dance will be a slow dance.

Beau and I paid for Danica's party. I didn't know what to get for Danica and I hate thinking of presents. So Beau said he's paying for the party and I told him I will put in half of it too. And seriously, Danica is the legit party queen. I burned a big hole just by looking at the figures.

The party was winding down after Donavan cut off all alcohol. The last song was coming up so Beau pulled me to the dance floor, grinning, "Just sway around okay?"

"I will look like a freaking monkey,"

Beau laughed, "You are still beautiful,"

"Seriously," I shook my head, wrapping my arms around his neck, "Sometimes I feel like my name is Beautiful instead of Brooklyn,"

Beau chuckled as Adele's Don't you remember started playing. Geez, Beau frowned at that song, "Well that was unexpected,"

Danica looked excited. She pulled Donavan to the dance floor and leaned her head against Donavan's chest.

Throughout the party, Donavan looked extremely annoyed. Right now, with Danica in his arms, he looked relax and finally enjoying.

"My sister can be really overwhelming sometimes," Beau noticed I was looking at them.

I smiled, "I have to give it to Donavan though. He's very patient,"

"Yeah, he does," Beau smiled. His smile was replaced with a frown when he looked behind me. I turned and saw Tania and Marilyn walking towards us. I sighed, "Here comes the witch,"

"Mother,"

"I had enough watching you getting cheat by this girl," Tania raged. I could detect the smell of strong alcohol on her.

"I had enough receiving shit from you, Mrs. Weston," Beau retorted, "It's Danica's party, let it rest,"

Danica and Donavan joined us and Danica frowned, "What's going on?"

Tania ignored Danica and glared at me, "Leave my children alone, you bitch!"

"Mother!" Danica yelled at Tania, "She's my guest and please treat my guest with respect!"

"Look, I should go," I said, squeezed Beau's hand. I can't let the Weston get into a fight because of me. He shook his head, tightened his grip, "I said no running away,"