━ CHAPTER THIRTEEN

SIRIUS Black hummed happily as he opened his Christmas presents. He sat in the Potter Manor, his shoulder bumping with James' as he flipped through the new book he had received.

He could hear, distantly, Remus in the other room, with his own parents as they milled around the dinning table and finished their breakfast.

"What'd you get?"

His brow furrowed slightly as he looked at James, wondering why he was so blurry.

Maybe he needed glasses too.

The fireplace in front of him suddenly burst to life. Sirius jumped back all though James didn't react, and Walburga Black walked through the flames.

Sirius shreiked at the sight of his mother in her mourning clothes. She began to speak- but everything disappeared.

Before he knew it, Sirius was awake, staring directly into the eye's of one Fleamont Potter.

"You alright, son?"

He nodded, his throat painfully dry. "Yeah, course, I'm fine."

He pushed himself off the couch to see that the sun was beginning to set and Euphemia had cleared away all the wrapping paper.

"Where'd Moony and Wormtail go?" Sirius asked, sitting down beside James on the floor.

"Home," He adjusted his glasses, "About an hour ago. You good?"

"I'm fine," Sirius lied, "Wanna do something?"

"Like what?"

Sirius shrugged, and James adjusted his glasses once more. The bracelet tied around his wrist caught Sirius' eye and he grinned, "Wanna go see Colombe?"

James furrowed as brow, "Are we allowed?"

"According Mrs Harper we are, what do you say?"

***

Thea's head, back, feet and face ached as she sat beside her grandmother. The old witch had forced her to pull her hair back in a bun, stating, 'Your hair's too unruly, what man will marry you like that? Your job isn't to play with your hair all day it's to serve your husband!'

Her grandmother then pulled out her 'ruler', which was this absolutely horrid wooden stick she used to measure the straightness of Thea's back and slapped her hand with if Thea did anything Constance didn't like.

By the time James and Sirius came, the backs of her hands were bleeding.

She sat miserably on an uncomfortable wooden chair, the ruler pushing against the fabric of her shirt that itched at the nape of her neck. Alexavier had dismissed himself with the excuse of Hayley, but Nicholas had no escape.

He looked uncomfortable with the fact the Constance was forcing Thea to dote on him, and shot her apologetic looks every time the old woman looked away.

Theadora had never wanted to swear so much in her life.

"Grindelwald had the right idea," Constance continued, "What's the point of hiding any more?"

Thea stared at her hands.

"And now this Voldemort chap has taken the throne- now, it's not what I want but it's much better then sitting around on our arses, twiddling our thumbs while doing nothing! Look at these idiots running the ministry, afraid of muggles,"