43. News

Now that Selin had her studio space, the process of getting her out of the house and back into work had accelerated at an alarming rate. There was no waiting around when it came to Miss Selin Sever; she was an all in kind of girl. She trusted hastily, fell in love quickly - it was just who she was. 

In a matter of weeks, she'd purchased the home that had captivated her art and transformed it into any artist's wonderland. Wanting to stay as clear of the image of her last studio as possible, Selin had sought inspiration from all sorts of places; magazines, shop windows ... Demir. She'd put her heart and soul into creating a haven outside of the house and finally, things were starting to feel right in the world. 

Slowly, Demir had also eased back into working for his Dad and the business. Whilst he wasn't too keen on being his father's lackey, Demir was following the saying, 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' 

Demir was the heir to his Father's empire and although he wanted nothing to do with his Father's vile ways of operation, he knew his Dad would stop at nothing to destroy him and Selin. Demir couldn't bare hurting Selin anymore than he already had and he was determined to finally outsmart his Dad. Demir felt like if he was constantly around his Father, wary of his movements, he'd be able to catch onto whatever he was planning next and nip it in the bud before it had the chance to do any damage. He was all eyes and ears but so far, nothing had cropped up. 

Demir focused on the business aspect of things whilst Selin busied herself with her studio. She'd secured media coverage for herself, notable mentions in the press; she even had an extensive client list ... everybody anticipating the comeback of the world famous artist. Her paintings were a sought after commodity and Demir was glad to see that glint of passion restore in Selin's eyes.

Her happiness, made him happy ... and it was infectious. 

"We should celebrate," Demir said suddenly over breakfast. The two of them were sat out on the veranda, eating their omelettes in blissful silence when the sporadic thought came rushing into Demir's mind. He had so much to be grateful for and he wanted to acknowledge that. Things with him and Selin were good, really good. They'd overcome so much in such a short space of time and he felt like they could conquer the world; his Dad, her countless number of exes, Burak, Yigit. Demir woke up elated and went to bed excited for the next day because he knew he and Selin were stronger together and that was beautiful. 

"What exactly are we celebrating?" Selin mumbled from behind a magazine she was reading. Her eyes hadn't wavered the slightest from the report she was looking at. 

"Us, you." Demir wanted to go on about how throwing a party would be a nice way to celebrate but he could tell Selin was too distracted by the magazine in front of her to focus on the conversation at hand. "Selin?" Again, her eyes didn't movie, in fact, she just moved the magazine that little bit higher, covering half of her face. "Selin, we're having breakfast here - together." Demir pointed out the obvious. "What's so important? Read it later."

"Wait a minute." She muttered, holding her finger up. 

"I wonder what's captivated your attention so much," Demir plated up his omelette. "Are you doing some kind of silly quiz?" He questioned, his eyebrows now frowning together. He was trying to tell her something important and he couldn't understand what could be so interesting as to steal her attention away this strongly. "Selin?" 

"They did a report with this man that I love." Selin sighed, her hands stroking the magazine front of her in admiration. 

"A man that you love?" Demir's eyebrows were raised so high they looked like they were going to fly right off his face.