Chapter 10

*squeak*
"Shawn, stop it."
*squeak*
"I'm serious, stop."
*squeak*
Grant glared at the Irish man sitting in front of him in the break room, holding a bendy plushy. "But it sounds cute." Shawn said.
"But it's annoying." Grant growled. "Remember when I threatened to rip his head off? That will become a reality if you don't stop."
Shawn squeezed the plushy again. "I swear, one more time and you'll regret it." Grant warned.
...

...

*SQUEAK*

Grant slammed his fists on the table as he stood up and snatched the bendy plushy out of Shawn's hands.
"NO!" Shawn tried reaching for it, but Grant held it away from him. He ran into the hall, Shawn running after him.
"Wait! Grant no don't-"
Grant drop kicked the plushy as hard as he could, and it went flying down the hall, squeaking as it went.
A few other workers poked their heads out of their doors to see what the loud squeaking was. Thomas was unfortunately walking down the hall and it smacked him in the face.
Tom looked up to see Grant and Shawn. "It was him." Shawn pointed at Grant, then left. Thomas sent a death glare at Grant, and walked menacingly towards him.
Grant gulped and dashed down the hall. Tom took off running after him. Grant ran into the nearest room and locked the door behind him.
It was the toy department. Shawn looked up from his desk. "Tom still after ya?" He asked with a smirk. Grant nodded.
"That's karma for kicking my Bendy plushy." Shawn said. He had his plushy again and it was resting on the corner of his desk.
Thomas banged his fist on the door. "OPEN UP GRANT!" He shouted. "Nope!" Grant yelled back. "Okay fine, is Shawn in there?" Tom asked.
"Yeah, I'm in here." Shawn said. "Okay then, Grant if you don't come out, I'll tell Shawn that secret you have that only you and me know." Thomas warned. Grant's eyes widened.
"FINE! I'll come out!" Grant instantly threw the door open, and Thomas slapped him in the face. "Next time, I'll punch you." He growled.
Grant rubbed the side of his face as he glared out the door after Thomas. Now Shawn was curious. "What secret?" He asked.
Grant stiffened and just left. The toy maker shrugged. Maybe he'd ask Thomas later. So at lunch break, Shawn found Thomas.
"What did you mean 'Grant's secret'?" Shawn asked. Thomas chuckled. "I probably shouldn't tell you, then again, I'm going to tell you." Tom said. "Just wait until Grant is here."
"Okay?" Shawn said, kind of confused. Wouldn't he want Grant to not be here so he didn't get mad? Grant finally entered the break room.
Lacie ran up to him to talk. "Hi Grant." She said. Alison walked up behind Tom and Shawn. "Guess what?" She said.
"What is it?" Thomas asked. "Lacie going to try and ask Grant out, isn't that cute?" Alison giggled. Tom grimaced.
"I'm not so sure about her doing that." Tom said. Shawn felt a weird twinge in his heart that he didn't like.
He glanced over at Lacie and Grant, who were laughing about something. Shawn crossed his arms and looked away. He couldn't help but glance back again.
Lacie was stepping as close as she could to Grant as she talked. She reached up to his face and...
Shawn left, not wanting to know what happened. He felt his heart shatter. He'd liked Grant for a long time, and couldn't take seeing him with Lacie. He sat down at his desk and tried not to cry.
Thomas and Alison followed him, seeing that he looked suddenly sad about something. They were quiet, and looked over at Shawn. The toy maker sniffed and rubbed tears out of his eyes.
The two others finally came in. "Hey Shawn, what's wrong?" Alison asked gently. Shawn jumped and looked away. "N-nothing at all." He said unconvincingly.
"You were just as cheery as ever, then in the break room you looked like you suddenly died inside out of nowhere. What's wrong?" Thomas asked.
"N-nothing!" Shawn whimpered, his eyes tearing up again, because talking about it made him feel way worse.
Alison and Tom glanced at each other, not sure what to do. "Shawn, you can tell us anything, we are tour friends and we are here for you." Alison said.
Shawn shakily exhaled. "I-I just d-don't wanna talk a-about it." Shawn stuttered. "Okay, well we hope you get better." Alison said, and her and Tom left.
Shawn collapsed completely on his desk and broke down sobbing with his shattered heart.

Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out, I've been busy :p