Chapter 11

That must've been Grant's secret, he liked Lacie? Shawn wasn't sure. He sighed as he painted a crooked smile on a plushy.
It's been a week and he's ignored everyone in the studio. He locked the toy department's door, ate lunch in there, and came to work early and left late, just to avoid everyone.
He was depressed, and he felt alone. Finally, his friends had had enough. There was a loud knock on the toy department door.
"Shawn? Can you please open the door? It Alison, nobody else." Alison called. There was no answer. "Please Shawn, everyone is worried, we haven't seen you in a week.
Shawn ignored her. Alison sighed in defeat and left. This went one for another week. Then there was another knock on the door.
"Shawn? It's Thomas and Grant, can you please open up?" Thomas called. Shawn just ignored them. "At least let us know your still alive!" Tom yelled.
Shawn threw a bendy plushy at the door, and it squeaked. He couldn't talk without crying, so he decided not to.
He heard Thomas sigh and the footsteps as he left. Grant was still there. "I'm not leaving this spot until you come out. I will literally stay here until one in the morning, just please come out." Grant said.
Anyone would have thought that Shawn was overreacting, but it wasn't just Grant, his father had died that same day two weeks ago in a car crash, and it was just too much for Shawn to handle.
"Fine, don't come out, I'm coming in." Grant announced. The door was locked. But Grant kicked it clean off its hinges. Shawn jumped back and almost fell off of his chair.
Grant angrily marched up to Shawn's desk. "I am your friend, and I demand you let me cheer you up!" Grant said. Shawn didn't even look at him, he just stared down at his desk, motionless.
"Shawn?" Grant asked more softly. Then Lacie walked in. "Grant there you are, I know two weeks ago you said you were very busy, but this week you've gotta have some free time right?" Lacie asked. Grant looked up.
"I, um, I'm busy." Grant said. Shawn glanced up for a second. "What's up with him?" Lacie asked. Grant sighed. "He's depressed about something, but won't let me help."
Then another woman came in, looking like she was way older than the rest of them. She looked kind of like Shawn.
All three looked at her, and Shawn didn't look back down. "Hi Shawn. Your boss said I could find you in here, and he also said that it may be best if you take a few days off to...Y'know, get better." The woman sniffled a bit.
She also looked depressed. Shawn didn't say anything. The woman grabbed him by the arm and hauled him up. "Who's this?" Lacie asked.
"I'm Shawn's mother. I've come so him and I can go to...his fathers funeral." The woman sniffled a bit. Grant's eyes widened and he suddenly felt really bad for Shawn.
Without hesitation, he pulled the toy maker into a hug. "Why didn't you tell us?" He asked. Shawn felt more tears in his eyes. "I-I just didn't w-want you guys t-to worry." Shawn whimpered.
Grant grabbed him by the shoulders and looked into his eyes. "We care about you Shawn, don't forget it, we'll always be here for you." Grant said. 
After Shawn had left with his mother, Lacie turned back to Grant. "Why are you always so busy?" She asked.
Grant glared at her. "I'm not busy, if you haven't got the hint yet, I don't want to date you." Grant left the room.
For the next week, Shawn didn't come back. Finally, on Monday, Shawn was back, but still depressed. Maybe not as much as before, but still sad.
Lacie wasn't sad about Grant, just pissed off. She huffed over to Alison. "Grant doesn't even like me! Why?" She wailed.
Thomas was standing beside Alison. "Because...never mind." Tom said. "Hey Shawn, Grant, come here for a minute." Thomas called. Shawn and Grant came over to them. Lacie just left, not wanting to be near Grant.
"So Shawn, do you remember about three weeks ago that I was going to tell you about something." Tom said. Alison and Grant looked confused, but Shawn nodded.
"What were you going to tell him?" Grant asked. "That thing that you don't want anybody to know, he asked when you were done hiding in the toy department." Tom said, smirking.
"Don't you dare." Grant glared at him. "I think I will." Thomas said. "What is it?" Shawn and Alison asked at the same time.
"Grant has a crush on-" Tom was cut off when Grant covered his mouth with his hand. "NO!" Grant yelled.
Alison was now smiling, Shawn didn't have the spirit to smile. "Who?!" Alison asked excitedly. "Wait, I thought he was dating Lacie?" Shawn said.
"Her? No way!" Grant said.
"Yeah cuz you like-"
Grant covered Tom's mouth again. "Haumm!" Thomas tried to say. "You aren't telling anybody." Grant growled, letting Tom go.
"Fine I won't." Thomas said, crossing his arms. Then he smirked as he pointed at Shawn. Alison gasped. Tom ran away to avoid Grant, who ran after him.
Shawn hid his blushing face in his hands.
"Oh my god! No way did I expect that." Alison giggled. She then looked over at Shawn, his hands still covering his red face.
She stopped smiling and poked him in the shoulder. "Are you okay?" She asked.
"No!" Shawn peeped, not looking at her.