Chapter 1: The Arrival

#Wattys2016 #JustWriteIt

Thirty schools making surprise guest appearances to dances, prep rallies, proms, etc you know. I love singing especially since it gets me out of school. My first stop of my United States Tour is in Washington D.C, the place where my agent is originally from. "Are you ready for your next stop?"

"Of course, I'm ready for anything", I said trying to be bumptious about it. Even though I've been lying low in schools and then performing all winter long, it still gets nerve wrecking for a teenager in the music business. 

"Washington D.C., the city of history."

"Danielle, it's the city of ghetto." Making a joke on her, not D.C. 

"Hey don't come for my city like that."

"I'm not, I know better than that Danielle." You know the best thing about Danielle being my agent is that she's the same age as me and she's my best friend. 

"Shawn Broker ain't broke no more, number one on the billboards, they sweet for it if you ask me."

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh nothing it's just that if your song can be number one on the billboards, then my song, 'Can't be the Baby Daddy' can definitely make it as number one."

"Yeah you can tell you're from D.C."

"You just are trying to make me shoot you."

"No not at all Dani, not at all."

As I wake up in the hellhole of a house to these street urchins of children screaming at the top of their lungs, I just want to run away. People say running away from your problems just causes more problems. Well the hell it wouldn't in this situation. It would give me peace of mind if you ask me. 

"Aiyana, get your ass down here!" I can't even fully wake up a good second before Kenya fat ass and Cory faggot ass want something. 

"If I call you one more gain!", Kenya screams. 

Cory yells, "Yo Aiyana, bring your ass down here to fix our breakfast!" Kenya and Cory are yelling demands at the top of their lungs from the bottom of the staircase. Aiyana hurries down the stairs before another demand was made.

 "About time, it don't take nearly twenty minutes to walk down the stairs."

"What do y'all want, at 7:30 in the morning no less.", Aiyana says annoyed while also sounding tired. "Breakfast duh.", Kenya says while filing her nails. "It's Sunday, why are y'all even up right now? Can't y'all wait until I fully wake up?"

"Did we ask you for all of that? Do we care what day is it? All I know is that we're up now. We're hungry now. And you're going in that kitchen to fix us something to eat. Right now.", demanded Kenya while popping gum. "What do y'all want?", Aiyana says through grinding her teeth while moving towards the kitchen. "I want three pancakes topped with whipped cream, a cherry, and syrup of course."

"And I want a BLT, hold the T. T means tomato in case you didn't know. Instead put cheese on it and add mayo will ya?" Aiyana fixes two bowls of cereal and slams them in front of Cory and Kenya. "Ok let me tell something, that was a rhetorical question and last time I checked I'm not a damn McDonalds."

"You didn't just do that", Cory raises up out of his seat but Kenya sits him back down. "Calm down Cory, we'll get Daddy to handle her." Aiyana heart skips a beat. She took a pause and says, "Three pancakes and a BLT coming up."

"Exactly what I thought, Kenya said. It took you long enough and better not mess up the either."

"I won't Kenya.", says Aiyana and waits until Kenya leaves the kitchen and whispers underneath her breathe, "Yeah I won't mess it up but I didn't said I wouldn't poison the food." 

I can't stand it here. It's bad enough my step brothers, I mean my step sisters, I mean my step siblings, treat me like a slave and using their father as a weapon to cater their every whim. Obviously, they don't care about humans and they're sick people because their father raped me several times and they parade that around the house, using that as a weapon like that's a good thing. No one called the cops, never felt sad or guilty, and didn't at least try to stop it, nothing. And I can't call the cops and report it, like the police will do something anyway. My mom died from his beatings on her and the cops didn't do anything about it when she reported domestic violence. Now I'm stuck in this hell alone.

 "AIYANA! Does it take that long to fix some pancakes?! Damn slow ass", Kenya yells from the dining room still filing her nails.

Danielle takes a deep breath as they step off the jet and arrive in D.C., "Ahh smell that clean polluted air."

"Clean polluted air Danielle?" Shawn and Danielle walks toward a red truck and start loading it up with suitcases. "Yeah , it's polluted but it's clean enough to still be alive in. Yes sir."

"Oh wow."

"You're gonna like D.C. It's my town, it has my initials and the people here are just like me." 

"Great they're ghetto and stupid.", Shawn laugh making a joke.

"Oh so now you're a comedian? Ha-ha. Hee-hee. Ho-ho. It is great to laugh. Bust you upside yo head with this damn suitcase, wouldn't be so funny then."

"Hostile much, Dani? You know I was playing."

Danielle slams the trunk and gets in the driver seat. "Umm we're not getting dropped off at the hotel by a driver?"

"Yes Shawn, the driver's dropping you off down by the lake. Hope you know how to swim since you're a comedian now."

"Lord Jesus, take the wheel.", Shawn nervously says before opening the door and getting in the passenger seat.