Chapter 3: Intruder

Monday Morning:
Lilly's POV:

Jasper and I carpooled with Edward and Bella today since they just got back from Florida last night. Bella hasn't talked to anyone the whole ride as she held her legs to her chest.

"Do you regret going?" I asked placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"No. Not at all. It was really great to see my mom." Bella shrugged. "Just really hard saying goodbye."

"It doesn't have to be goodbye." Edward suggested making us all look at him.

"Is that why you asked me to go?" Bella asked with a frown. "You thought I was gonna change my mind?"

"I'm always hoping for that." Edward shrugged then both him and Jasper looked out the window with a frown.

"What is it?" I asked.

"If Edward and I asked you two to stay in the car, would you?" Jasper asked before getting out, Bella and I instantly behind them. That's when I smelt them. Paul and Jake.

"Of course not." Edward muttered as I held Jasper's hand, walking up to the two boys.

"Hey guys." I smiled, hugging Jake but sent a glare at Paul for last nights events.

"Hey, Lil Wolf." Jake smirked making me roll my eyes, taking my place back by Jasper's side as Jake looked to Bella. "Charlie said you left town."

"Yeah, to visit my Mom. Why?" Bella asked.

"He's checking to see if you're still human." Edward forced a smile after he scoffed.

"Actually, we're here to warn you. If your kind come on out land again..." Paul growled making me take a step forward.

"Watch it, Paul." I growled back. Paul looked at me for a moment and I could of sworn I saw hurt in his eyes that I was defending the Cullen's.

"Wait, what?" Bella asked.

"You didn't tell her?" Jake asked looking between Edward, Jasper, and I.

"Just leave it alone, Jacob." Jasper warned, wrapping a protective arm around my waist, pulling me from Paul.

"Tell me what?" Bella looked around at the three of us.

"Emmett and Paul has a misunderstanding. It's nothing to worry about." Edward shrugged.

"Listen to you." Jacob scoffed. "You lie to get her out of town, too?"

Edward then got into his face. "You should just leave. Now."

"She has the right to know." Paul shrugged. "She and Lilly are the one's that the redhead wants."

"Victoria?" Bella asked with a frown then looked at Edward. "Alice's vision."

"We were trying to protect you." I told her sincerely.

"By lying to me. The three of us are going to talk about this later." Bella frowned at all of us then turned to Jacob. "But, you. Why haven't you called me back?"

"I had nothing to say." Jacob shrugged, turning towards his bike.

"Well, I have tons. Hold on." Bella called after him.

"Hey." Edward frowned, grabbing Bella's arm. "Bella."

"Edward, you have to trust me." Bella sighed.

"I do trust you." Edward stated. "It's him I don't trust."

"Well, Jasper trusts Lilly and the pack to protect her." Bella tried to reason.