Chapter 3

June 27, 2013 - Los Angeles

The day Amy was waiting for weeks finally arrived. Photoshoot competition day. Her mum was driving her to LA, where the competition was being held. Amy barely spoke during the drive. Excitement, nervousness, happiness, euphoria.. She had so many mixed feelings and never felt more confused.

Amy's P.O.V.

I opened the car window and looked outside, trying to concentrate on the sight and ignore all these feelings inside me. But I couldn't. It was too much. I swear I had something in my throat that didn't let me breathe normally. Maybe all this was a sign, maybe I shouldn't go to this competition. Yes, that's it! I quickly turned to mum

"Mum stop!"

"Why, what happened?" she asked worried

"I don't think I should go. This is all wrong, lets just return home." I watched her raising her eyebrows. "Yes mum, I can't stand these feelings anymore, I never felt like this, I know I'm gonna fail at this-"

"Listen Amy" she stopped me. "You were practically attacking me every day so I can let you do this. You wanted to go to this competition for such a long time. You kept dreaming and fighting for it. Amy, I believe in you. This is YOUR chance." she smiled at me "And we're almost 2 miles away, so I'm not planning to get back" 

I opened my mouth to protest, buy she was quicker "Now get yourself together, you have a competition to win."

"Mum, I love you" was all I could say right now

"I love you too hunny" she smiled

Jenn's P.O.V.

We finally arrived. I got out of the car and looked at the building in front of us. It was a huge! "Wow" I thought to myself, "this agency must be pretty big." I turned back and couldn't see Amy. Then I realised, she was still in the car. That girl is never going to change. I knocked on the car window

"C'mon Amy, what are you waiting for?"

"Mum.. I'm scared" she answered me so quietly, I don't know how I managed to hear her. But she really was afraid and needed her confidence back. I know what to do

"You get out of that car right now and stop acting like a little girl! I never thought you were so weak! I've always seen you as my strong Amy, who wasn't afraid of anything, what happened to you?!" I started acting disappointed and waited for her reaction. She formed her hands into fists and started frowning. Yes, my plan worked.

"I. am. not. weak!" She was mad. The one thing she hated being called is weak. Oh my little Amy, I can tell what she means by the way she breathes. In that moment, I could tell that she got extremely insulted.

Amy's P.O.V.

Those words were too much. How could she tell me that? I am not weak. I got out of the car. "Shall we, mum?" I faked a smile and started walking towards the doors of the building. She laughed and followed me. I took a deep breath and stepped inside. I saw the reception and a woman sitting there. "Lets do this Amy" I whispered as I approached to the reception.

"Good morning ladies" the woman from the reception greeted us "how can I help you?" she had a huge smile on her face. She looked nice and polite. Oh wait, I have to answer why are we here, though I guess she already knew.

"We're here for the photoshoot compet-" she didn't let me finish, just handed me some papers and said

"Fill in these and bring them back over here please" she smiled "Then go to the second floor and wait for your name to be called."