shopping with my sister/enemy

Today I was in town shopping. Abigail tagged along, just like I knew she would. In my previous life, I never wanted her to come when I was shopping. Instead of me, getting what I wanted, every dime I carried was spent on her. However, this time will be different. I walked into my favorite shop where I saw Marshall, the shop owner. Her dresses were the best thing. I always loved them even as the empress, but then Nathaniel had it removed because of how much I loved it; and you can already guess who was the cause of that. Marshall smiled when she saw me. I quickly went up to her and hugged her. She was a bit surprised by this, since I always kept my distance from people. Then she looked behind me and saw Abigail.

- "And, who might she be?" -

- "She is the new daughter of the Rushell family: Abigail Rushell. Abigail, this is lady Marshall Mathews. She is my favorite dressmaker. She makes the best dresses, she's like my fairy Godmother." - I said cheerfully. 

- "Oh my! I don't deserve such praises, lady Vivian." -

- "I told you many times Marshall, call me Vivi." -

- "Yes, Vivi. And it's very nice to meet you, lady Abigail. Lady Vivian, I mean Vivi, come with me. I have some new dresses that I think would suit you very well." -

She held my back to lead me to the other room. Abigail was about to follow us when Marshall stopped her.

- "I'm sorry lady Abigail, but can you please wait here? We usually do things privately. She'll be back soon." -

I took a glimpse at her and slightly smiled for a second. Marshall takes hours to finish and she always knows what I need. Abigail had a bitter look on her face… I love that look. After entering, Marshall tried many of her new styles. I think she took longer than usual on purpose.

This time Marshall looked overall beautiful. She had her hair cut, Bob style, with bangs that brushed at the side. Her hair was a shade between red and orange, her eyes were a beautiful blue. She's about 23 and she roughly understands me. Even in my past life, she didn't fancy Abigail much, while my parents pity her and distanced themselves from me.

At last, she did the worst. They were poisoned. After that, I was raised in the palace as the crown princess and also as the God daughter of the Empress. She ruined everything! That's why this time I'm going to make sure she will never get that chance. My eyes are watching her every movement, cause my parents may be naïve, but I'm not. The hell you gave me, you 'll get it back.

We were finished after hours. When I came out, I could see the distress on her face for waiting so long. I could do it again. I went to Hannah, my personal maid, and whispered in her ears.

- "But, my lady…" -

- "Please, I need you to keep it a secret between us." -

She nodded then walked away. I smiled at Abigail.

- "I picked out few choices that will fit you perfectly Abby" -

- "Abby?!" -

- "Yes, isn't it lovely?" -

- "Yes ...quite lovely" -

I know you hate that nickname because of how pedestrian it sounds. Don't worry I didn't pick out horrible dresses or anything. The dresses are quite lovely. I was waiting for Hannah to come back. Meanwhile, some snacks were served to us. People were mostly attentive towards me, so Abigail was like a nobody to them. She was so pitiful I could laugh, but I had to keep my composure. Hannah finally came back and finally it was time to go home. I smiled happily as Abigail looked around at everything with greedy eyes. I was indifferent towards her. I turned to look at the other side of the streets where I saw a boy and his mother looking at the candy shop. I smiled gently. I could feel a gaze directed at me. I looked around to see Hannah's worried expression staring at me. I smiled to reassure her that I was fine. After a tiresome ride in the carriage, I arrived home and saw my father discussing something with someone. I ran up to him and hugged him. I noticed in my past life, that my father always loved hugs and kisses. My father had blond hair and chestnut eyes, just like mine. My father loved me no matter what, even when he distanced himself away, he always cared for me. I only realized that after he died. We weren't close but we weren't distant either. So, in this life I'll make him a proud father.

I kissed his cheek. At first, he was surprised, then he gave me a gentle smile.

- "My, what did I do to deserve such a welcome from my daughter?" -

- "Oh, nothing father. I just think it'll be okay to change for once. Oh, right! I must hurry to have Abigail change into her new clothes." - I said, stomping my fist in my hand.

- " Abigail, did you enjoy your time with your new sister?" -

- "Well… it was quite lovely. I never thought I could have such a wonderful moment, even though I had to wait for a while for my sister to pick out her dresses… but I'm not complaining." -

Ah! She wants to make me the bad guy, acting like she is an innocent victim.

- "That's because Marshall wanted me to surprise everyone with my new dresses and if I showed my sister, then it wouldn't be much of a surprise. It was tiring trying them all on but I had to bear with it so Marshall could evaluate the dress. Plus, she helped me pick out some to welcome my new sister! I never meant to let you wait so long. I'm so sorry." - I said, forcing tears to fall from my eyes. She tried to comfort me. 

- "I'm sorry sister. I didn't mean to complain. It's just that I wanted to spend more time with you. I…I…." -

- "Okay that's enough. Next time, I'll have you order your dresses Abigail, and have Vivi choose hers from the store." -

Abigail bit her bottom lip underneath. 

- "Yes step-father." -

He looked away to get back to the guest. She tilted her head and looked at the floor pissed. I could feel her eyes move up and glared at me. I innocently smiled at her.

You see… I will win no matter what.

E

dited by Fatal2020