6. Enter the Sister

Say what you will about Sophie Devereaux, her restaurant was great - even without her occupying the helm currently

'Hey, Cassie!' The vigilante looks up to see Cami's kind smile, and can't help but reciprocate. Turns out that Camille O'Connell was quite possibly the only person she'd met here that was simply just sweet. 'It's been a while since I've seen you around. Where's your friend... Um, I wanna say Hayley?'

Cassie clicks her tongue. 'Right on the mark.' Cass would stay here for a bit and read or something when Hales went around and she was too tired to go. 'She's with a guy. Don't worry, they're not not-platonic yet.'

Cami grins, before asking her whether she'd just like the usual, her intuition as helpful as ever and walks off to get her order.

At least, if she does die, she'll have some kind company.

Someone slips into the slot a seat away from her. A quick peripheral glance finds a gorgeous, tall blonde, dressed in a solid black coat, a crisp button up cream shirt and Balenciaga jeans with knee high boots. Her entire outfit screams expensive and designer, without the kind of effort Oliver's and Thea's friends did.

'Hello, there.' A Brit? Huh, weird. But Cassie smiles anyways, lifting her hand slightly in a wave.

'Hey.' If she was a paranoid person she'd think her eyes kind of look similar to Klaus'. God, she's got to stop thinking about him!

'So, are you a regular? I heard the bartender about your "usual".' She gestures to the waitress, stopped at a table next to the kitchen, helping an elderly man.

'I'n around enough. You?'

The woman smiles slyly, like there's a joke that Cassie doesn't understand and shakes her head. 'I used to live in NOLA... But, no, this is the first time I've been back in quite a while.' There was something about her that seemed super familiar. Is it the accent, or her speech pattern or her outfit?

'What brings you back?' Cassie asks, like she's simply trying to hold conversation and not trying to figure out what's the element that's keeping her engaged.

'Ah,' The blonde sighs, waving dismissively. 'My moronic brother got into trouble and wants me to bail him out. Nothing new.'

Cassie laughs. Doesn't she know that feeling?

'Must be irritating. I wouldn't know, I'm usually on the other side of this situation.' Her quip teases out a grin from the woman.

'It is. Honestly, I'm torn on whether I should let him squirm. 'S not like he hasn't left me, what's the term, hanging.'

'Do they not say that in England?'

'Trust me, there're lots of differences between the way you lot say things and how they say things.' She's funny, definitely. Charming. But so was Klaus, and he's a serial killer. Her cop instinct starts itching in the back of her mind, again.