rooftop

Space Song ~ Beach House

It will take a while

To make you smile

Somewhere in these eyes

I'm on your side

Your eyes widened as you realized who exactly stood before you. He had the same slender frame but was slightly more muscular and quite a bit taller.

"Why are you-"

"For business," he replied, "I hope you've been taking care of yourself, it's better not to get involved in this kind of stuff."

"What? What kind of stuff? I'm just training." you asked, confused by his seriousness.

He sighed. "I've got a meeting to go to, see you around, Y/N." You watched as he began to walk towards the table where Hisoka was sitting.

So that's who Hisoka was meeting with. He's such a jerk for not telling me, he even knew I've been wanting to see Kurapika.... Hold on, did I just admit that I missed him? I don't. I definitely don't. No way.

"We'll be able to talk later right? I wanna catch up." you blurted out.

He turned around, "Sure, meet me on the roof at 12."

He seemed a lot different, you couldn't read his emotions the way you used to be able to. Kurapika had entered an entirely new world after the Hunter Exam, one that you would soon be tossed into as well.

~

12:08 AM, I'm so late! I hope he's still there. I'm so stupid, I can't believe I lost track of time.

You sprinted up the 4 flights of stairs leading to the rooftop of the building. You spent a lot of time up there, usually just watching the stars. You busted open the door and there he was, sitting on the ledge, his blonde hair flowing in the night breeze.

It was a beautiful picture, an elegant man sitting with his legs hanging off the building against a beautiful backdrop of a starry sky. He turned around to look at you, the first few buttons of his dress shirt had come loose.

He looks so much more mature. I can't even think straight, get yourself together Y/N!

"Come sit," he called, gesturing for you to come over.

You quickly ran over towards the side of the building and sat down next to him on the ledge. You looked beneath you, a dark abyss illuminated only by flickering LED signs and the faint glow of stranger's cell phones. The stars were especially bright this evening. It was silent for a moment, you had fallen captive to the night sky. A bit too mesmerized by the stars to notice his staring.

"I didn't think I would run into you here," he finally said, "I'm sorry for not reaching out sooner, I've been busy."

"It's alright," you said shyly, not breaking your gaze from the night sky, "I've been pretty busy myself. Do you mind explaining why you're here?"

"Business."

"What kind of business do you have with Hisoka of all people?"

"It's not really important."

"So it's a secret," you giggled, "That's ok. You don't have to tell me. It's crazy to think you're doing all kinds of confidential things now."

"A lot of things have changed."

"I suppose they have."

"You've changed," he whispered.

"Have I really?" you exclaimed.