Chapter 4

A cheeky young woman smiles back at me as soon as I step foot on the sterile white tile, "Hello dear, in for a weekly check-in?" I barely have enough time to nod before she grabs my hand and pulls me through endless hallways until we reach an examination room. I try to take in all my surroundings before she clears her throught, I look at her white uniform and see her name, Violet, when she begins to talk " Ms.Olive will be in here shortly." Immedietely after the short message, Violet smiles like a movie star, then turns and leaves me alone in the room.

A few seconds later, I hear a scream so blood curdling that i actually fall off the plastic chair i was sitting on. My heart beat spikes drastically and my mind feels as though it is going every other way and I begin to uncontrollaby cry, great. I haven't had a panic atack since spring and honestly I was hoping they wouldn't come back. I felt helpless while I clutched my knees trying to steady my breaths, comforting myself that the girl must have broken a leg or had a hallucination from a medication. 

The door handle starts to turn, fear and andrenaline fill my emotions, and I start to shake. I close my eyes refusing to see whats outside this room. The door is now open, and someone, or something, begins stepping closer to me. "Hey?" I hear a melodious but cautious voice say, and then a hand on my back. I look up to see a not so monstrous doctor staring back at the mess named Adalia.

"I'm Olive, are you okay? What happened?Hey,hey it's okay, you're all right." After 20 minutes of calming down and pulling myself together I tell Olive what happened, and she reassures me that the girl is okay and writes down in my medical folder about my panic attacks. Then she takes my weight, height, heartbeat, the usual. She walks me out to the main hallway and suprisingly hugs me. "See you soon!" she says before venturing deeper into the halls. I begin walking straight, spacing out slightly, when I clash into a someone. 

I'm knocked down to the floor and look up to see a boy my age holding a hand out for me. He's staring at me almost mysteriously with jet black eyes.He pulls me up and half smiles when he says "I'm Joshua Hook." He then continues on his way to a room on my left without saying another word.

I leave the infirmary and come back to my room, where everyone is doing their homework. I start on my homework listening to One Direction and i get lost in the myths of the vampires.